10 - Can't Catch a Break

When I had arrived at fifth period, the first thing I noticed was that there wasn't anyone familiar here. Guess I won't be as lucky to have a friend in history as I did in P.E.

Walking over to the middle row, I prompted down my backpack next to my seat, listening to the teacher greeting us all. He looked like every old male history teacher, and the one my middle school class had was a relaxed guy. Hopefully, it's the same here.

As soon as history began, unlike all the other classes, it somehow zoomed by and I only noticed it when the bell rang. Blinking, I sit up and look around, many of my classmates already shoving everything inside their backpack.

Wow, that wasn't that bad at all!

We didn't even do anything except for the occasional questions the teacher would throw at us. I'm so glad there are people in my class that like to be called on. In my middle school, I absolutely hated it when my old history teach would suddenly ask me something, only for me to guess and get it wrong.

A piece of paper was suddenly placed down on my desk, and my hands picked it up - examining it. There were instructions and around ten questions on the paper.

Wait a minute, is this homework. .on the first day?!

When the old fart confirmed my fear, I shoved the paper into my binder, closing it with a soft slam.

So in exchange for having to barely do anything in history, we ended up having to do homework. Haha, screw you, HSR ~Love and Confessions~. This isn't even my real high school and I'm having to do homework anyways. In fact, most otome games that set place in fancy schools tend to focus more on the plot and the relationships, not some stupid homework. Why is it different here?

Zipping up my backpack, I race out the door with the other students, feeling my heart pumping loudly.

Okay, Y/n! One more period and you'll be able to leave this fancy prison. It's only fourty-five minutes, no big deal!

After trying to convince myself like an enthusiastic and optimistic female lead does in manga, I quickly thought of what to do.

Forcing myself to focus, I glanced at my schedule before my feet led me to my last class - chemistry. Honestly, I wasn't the best at science in middle school but hopefully chemistry is way easier.

The class door was already open, so I made my way inside and immediately looked around the room. Instead of just a lot of desks placed in rows, there were tables with chairs instead. Each table had two chairs, so I guess we'll probably need a partner for chemistry. My eyes observed the classroom, trying to find a good table but then I made the mistake of spotting someone.

A familiar brown-haired boy was already sitting in the back of the chemistry classroom, and I was ready to book it out of sixth period already.

Oh no, no, no, no. It was bad that I had him for my first class, but now he's also in my last? It would be perfect if I could wake up now.

My fingers pinch my arm again and like the last time I tried, it makes me wince. Haha. . .great.

With a conflicted face, I go to some random faraway table that's far away from Avery and try my best to avoid any eye-contact with the tsundere. I'm probably sweating right now, there's that feeling of anxiety that's looming behind me and I can barely think straight.

My god, this is way too unlucky. I only got to relax for one period and now I'm forced into the class with the first enemy I made at Angelwood. Plus it's not like Hari is here either, so she won't be able to help or avert the attention away from me.