3 - The Realization

How ironic, this school is called Angelwood High School and it's as if I'm seeing an angel right now.

My cheeks begin to feel slightly hot due to the enchanting sight in front of me, but I snap out of it.

The boy in front of me, how come he's so unrealistically handsome? I mean there's obviously attractive people in high school, but this boy could easily be a celebrity. Especially with the silver hair and green eyes. He must have dyed his hair, and most likely bought contacts. Only two percent of the population have green eyes if I remember correctly, so it's pretty rare to get them naturally.

It seems like today is either my luckiest or unluckiest day. First, there was the bewitching cosplayer who thought I was her best friend, and now there's a student who looks like a male lead in an otome game.

I blink and realize that I'm staring at the boy, who has a very kind expression on his face. Oh yeah. He's waiting for my response.

"Erm, yeah. I'm perfectly fine." I reply, trying my best not to stutter. My eyes automatically find the closest thing near me to prevent any eye contact with him. I look to the right and accidentally make eye contact with Hari instead. Her glare immediately does a 180, turning to a bright smile. She hesitates, but gives me a small wave. Ack. What the - why was she glaring over here? Was it because she was jealous of me talking to the handsome boy?

"That's good to hear. But you know that you shouldn't slap yourself on purpose~!" The boy chirps, and I frown at what he just said. He saw me do it? But that's nearly impossible, his seat is literally in front of mine. There's no way he turned around at the last second.

My eyes dart up to look at him, and I'm about to say something when I'm meant with a blinding smile and a small chuckle from him.

. . .Oh my god. How is a simple smile so cute?

The girls around me start chattering louder, and I realize it's because of him. My ears perk up some of the words.

"Wah! Look at him!"

"He's so handsome. .who is he?!"

"Is he a model? I wanna see some of his pics!"

The bits I hear leave me in shock. What the, were high school girls always this openly thirsty? Normally, people don't say their personal thoughts that loud. How come the things they're saying would fit so well in a manga or otome game?

I look back at the boy. Despite some of these statements being very clear to hear, the celebrity-like boy seems to not hear or be affected by them.

He continues to smile at me, and I try my best to ignore all the fangirling around me.

"My name is Cato, what's yours?" The pure boy asks, his eyes slightly curved due to his grin.

"Y/n," I respond back, trying to mimic his smile.

Cato stares at me for a moment before nodding, as if registrating my name. "A pleasure to meet you, Y/n."

His name is Cato? Haha, for a second there, my mind instantly went to H.S.R ~Love and Confessions~. One of the love interests' names was Cato Pyeki after all. He was a gentleman type, attracting attention with his silver hair and sparkling green eyes. In addition, Cato was the son of the CEO for a pretty large company. I don't remember the name or what it did, but his parents were pretty well-off.

I blink and try to hold the smile on my face.

H-Huh? First it was Hira Cyco and now it's Cato Pyeki.

This can't be a coincidence. There's literally no chance of meeting two crazy fans that decide to cosplay on the first day of school. I've been summoned into the hectic world of H.S.R~Love and Confessions~.

Oh god, as unbelievable as it may be, this ties everything together; almost perfectly. How I have no memory of the uniforms, school environment, or even being friends with Hira despite her saying we've known each other since middle school.

I lick my lips, trying to decide what to do. My throat feels unusually dry and a cold sweat washes over me. No, I need to calm down.

My eyes nervously move around, catching glimpse of the rude boy I bumped into earlier. Yeah, he was also in this class. The desk he sits at is two rows in front of mine, and is also coincidentally the window seat. His chin lays on the palm of his hand as he looks out the window. That pose and expression . . there's no doubt about it.

No wonder he looked familiar, oh my god - he's also another one of the love interests! Im pretty certain his name was Avery, Avery Blakm.

. . .Blakm??

Jesus, why are all these last names so foreign and exotic? How do you even pronounce Blakm?

But anyways, I didn't recognize it earlier because having brown hair and hazel eyes is pretty common here, but his personality definitely sticks out like a sore thumb. He's supposed to be a tsundere type if I recall, but aren't tsunderes only rude around their crushes? It's more like this love interest is a jerk over all.

"Are you okay, Y/n?" Cato asks, giving me a worried expression. Crap, I forgot he was still watching me! Yikes, did he see all my weird faces?

"Y-yeah! Just busy thinking, ha." Thinking about whether you're an otome game love interest or a real person to be exact. I let out a laugh, but it comes out sounding forced. Whoops.

Despite noticing the obvious, Cato smiles slightly again and finally turns around. A soft sigh comes out in relief, and I go back to collecting my thoughts.