Chapter 9

_Chapter 9_

Elliot Warren

Another essay I had to write, I realized after leaving the classroom. I don't even get what the teachers had these days and it was getting on my nerves. Moreover, the topic I was assigned to was more than just boring. But what was there to do about it?

The center of my mind switched to Christo when I saw him passing by with Derek. "Can you imagine? He was completely ignoring me. Such insolence!" He huffed and crossed his arms.

"What is the matter?" I wondered in curiosity when his gaze stuck to me.

"Hm? Oh Elliot?" He smiled and greeted me. "It's about Rick. He just ignored me during class. And we had to work in pairs! Do you have an idea how frustrating that is?" He complained.

And as if our topic was the cue, Ricky appeared right next to us, his head stuck on the study notes I gave him yesterday with full on focus that he didn't even notice us calling him. I half smiled at the sight of him making effort to study. "See, he's not even budging," Christo sighed.

"What's he even doing?" Derek wondered and ruthlessly ripped off the note of Ricky's hand who looked up in an instance ready to shout at him and take it back but didn't get the chance to when Derek held it away and dodged every one of his attempts reaching out. "What even is that? Biology? I thought you already failed the exam, why do you keep on studying?"

"I'm retaking the exam, now hand it over!" Ricky eventually managed to get the note he was holding back and exhaled in exhaustion.

"You didn't write that, did you? That handwriting is way to pretty to be yours. Who'd you get that from? Is it a pretty girl," Christo grinned and made fun of him when I just rolled my eyes.

"You're right, it's not his. It's actually mine," I admitted. "And I take the part with the handwriting as a compliment."

"Huh? Are you giving him tutoring lessons?" Christo grinned even wider before he teased me by roughing up my hair and pinching my cheeks. "Really nice of you. I knew you were an adorable person!"

"Adorable?" I cocked an eyebrow. "Now that's rather insulting." I mumbled before we were on the way to the cafeteria. "And are you prepared?" I looked up to Ricky who just shrugged.

"Let's just say, I'm preparing for the punishment," he said in defeat.

"So you're giving up now already? Is that how it always works? Giving up before the game even begins," I playfully boxed him in his side, encouraging him to have a little faith in himself.

"Ha never!" Derek smirked and shook his head. "He's always the last to keep his hopes up in a game that we're about to lose, right?" He nudged him, making a chuckle slip from my lips. I thought so. He didn't really seem to be the pessimistic type at all.

"Whatever," he grabbed his food first and went to sit down on the usual table as we copied him. "So what is the punishment, I have to mentally prepare," he sighed as soon as I joined him.

"Well since I am not that creative, I thought that for every wrong answer I let Christo decide a dare for you to do," I smiled, knowing how cunning Christo could be in situations like this.

"What, for real?!" Christo grinned in enjoyment. "Usually, I wouldn't cheer for you to fail but in this case... I am rooting for a wrong answer!"

"Gosh you could've come up with everything, why this?" Ricky groaned, knowing what he was gambling with now. "Fine, I guess, I'll have to."

"Good, now hand over my notes, no cheating," I held my hand out and waited for him to return my cards which he hesitantly did. "For every question you'll have twenty seconds to answer unless it is something more complex. Then you'll have a minute."