Chapter 11

_Chapter 11_

Elliot Warren

Tomorrow was the day. Hence, Ricky was overly giddy and excited that he even skipped practice after school to go through everything numerous times. I even offered to help him but he didn't want it.

A bit annoying since I would rather spend my time back home if I had the choice but Ricky wanted me to stay here regardless. He should just relax. We even did a mock exam yesterday, and he did perfectly fine.

"If you get too excited you'll black out, just calm down. I'm telling you, you're ready."

"How can I calm down when I'm constantly scared of forgetting something?" He sighed.

"Uhm accept the outcome either way. Even if you don't pass we'll make it work out somehow. It's fine when you manage to improve your grade at least a bit. That way I can make them believe that you're putting effort into it. I promise I won't let them cut out your practice."

He looked at me for a while with that usual stare that he has been doing for the past week and it annoyed me because I couldn't tell what he was thinking. Moreover, it was embarrassing and it made me uncomfortable when he looked at me like that.

"What is it? Stop staring at me," I muttered and averted from myself. "Anyway, you don't have to be scared. I know you can do it. And you'll definitely not fail. If you do I'm gonna beat the shit out of you for not putting the time I offered to use before anyone else could get mad at you."

He just laughed at that and shook his head. "I'll give it my best," he smile.

"Now that you're feeling at ease, can I go back home? I'm tired," I sighed in exhaustion but he still didn't let me go.

"No, you ain't allowed to sleep at this time anyway."

"For fucks sake, I'm going to press charges against you for brutal confinement against my will!" I complained.

"Brutal? Do you have anything to do that you need to leave for?"

"Yes, lay down and rest. My friggin' head hurts, okay?" I was really having a headache and was definitely not up for quarreling with him. It was damaging my already low tolerance system.

"Then go ahead and rest, I'm not stopping you," he hushed me away.

"Then don't dare bother me, I'm not answering any of your questions."

His whole restless behavior continued on till the very next day. He was primarily in a bad mood and therefore more annoying than usual. It was already difficult having to deal with him being, you know, him. But now he turned to a whiny little kid.

I managed to calm him down yesterday but my words had their limit. That's why I tried to leave him alone for the time being. I knew for a fact that he wrote his exam at the end of school period. So until then I made sure to stay out of his way.

"Rick is being absent minded again?" Christo sighed in boredom and chewed on his sandwich when he looked at Ricky from afar. "His exam is today, right?"

"Yeah talking won't help, though. Believe me, I've tried," I officially gave it up. "So, might as well just let him do his thing."

"You really like him, huh?" He nudged me in a teasing way. "I mean, judged by how much you're putting effort on him when you don't really have to. On top of that, he's not a really likable person. Why is that?"

First of all he was also not the most likable, I thought when I put my book in my locker and shrugged at his question. "Simply because he loves basketball, he'd be more than upset if his practice got cut off. He can't help himself so I'm helping. I don't think you need a real reason to help others."