Epilogue 02

_Chapter 30_

▪︎ Epilogue 2 ~ Another year later

Elliot Warren

I was nervous.

Scared.

Excited.

Anxious.

And yet I was delighted.

To be honest, I didn't even know what exactly I was afraid of. I couldn't possibly imagine anything going wrong this evening. Everything was fully planned out and set as far as I knew. And I, as well, was already prepared for the party. Well, at least optically I was about to get ready, seeing as my button up shirt was already hung up, steamed and therefore knit free.

Whether I was mentally prepared was another question though. Starting as freshman and elevating all the way to my senior year, these years in which I worked my way up were a real hurdle. Not to mention the last year. But at the end of the day, I still did it. That alone made all the times where I had to bear and endure the struggles worth it.

To finally get things clear, today was Ricky's nineteenth birthday. And obviously we were gonna celebrate. Though I was still a bit concerned whether my gift for him was appropriate enough. It was nothing special, just partner rings with both our names engraved on the inside.

Or perhaps it was too much?

A simple glance at the clock showed me that there was no time to worry about that. Besides, Ricky is quite simple minded in that field anyway. He would probably like everything that I gave him as a present.

I was quick to put the light pink shirt on that was just hanging off the handle of my closet. Was it even considered pink? Maybe it was more of a beige color after all. Whatsoever, I paired it with white jeans and picked up same colored converse before heading over to my drawer to get the jewelry box.

"Are you leaving now?" Dad asked me once I passed him in the hallway. "Isn't it a bit early?" He frowned.

"Yeah Ricky wanted me to show up earlier." But I wasn't too sure why. 

"Should I give you a lift?"

"Dad, it's just five minutes," I rolled my eyes and opened the door. Besides it would only be an unnecessary hassle to store the wheel chair in the car for a mere two minutes ride. "By the way, if I don't return before midnight, just assume that I'll be staying the night." These were my last words before closing the door behind me and leaving the house to quickly head over to Ricky's.

Thus once I reached his place and rung the bell, I was surprised by Liana suddenly opening the door. "Ricky! Elliot is here!" She screamed while running towards his room, leaving the door open for me to enter.

Therefore, I was quick to follow after her in curiosity as to why she was running. And when I got a glimpse inside Ricky's room, I saw him fixing his hair until his eyes focused on me, inviting me in.

"And how do I look?" He grinned.

"Like Ricky," I smirked.

"Well I think you look perfect," Liana simped and hugged her brother.

"At least someone who recognizes real handsomeness." He patted her head.

"Liana!" Livia called her. "Come help with the cake." The little girl instantly ran out the door without giving it a second thought, leaving me and Ricky alone. I snickered a little at that abrupt reaction of hers before my eyes switched back to Ricky.

"Why did you want me to come so early?" I wondered once he was again checking his hair in the mirror which -I must add- looked flawless. A little too flawless to be honest.