The Other Side Of The Reef

Trollex became 24 years old, and he already started to feel like an actual king. He looked over at his colorful neon trolls on his balcony with a warm smile on his face. He let out a small sigh on how mush peace, love, and music is spreading over their kingdom. He went back inside his room and looked over at his mirror, showing the confidence he now have. He fogged up his mirror, wipe away that'll reveal his face, and drew a crown over his head, showing himself what a great king he'll be.

Prince Trollex: *sigh* One day 😌. I'll know, that I will be a great king. *swam back to his balcony* You've got this, Trollex.

But then he looked up and started to stare at the end of the Techno Reef. All he could see is a blue water. And now he's think on what's out there, outside the reef. Those thoughts kept him distracted when his mother came in knocking.

Queen Marine: Trollex? *sees him on the balcony staring at the end of the reef* Trollex? *swam towards him* Are you alright, son? What are you staring at?

Prince Trollex: *snapped back into reality* Huh? Oh! Um...nothing. It's just...I'm curious.

Queen Marine: Curious? Of what?

Prince Trollex: On what's out there. On the other side of the reef. Have you or Dad ever been out there before?

Queen Marine sighed and sat on his bed, and wanted Trollex to sit next to her. Trollex oblige and sat next to her, and the queen began to explain.

Queen Marine: Look, many years ago, when you were still a baby, me, your father, and the rest of our tribe have all been outside the reef. But a different kind of reef.

Prince Trollex: Really? What was it like?

Queen Marine: At first, it was amazing and beautiful, but then, we were all hunted by our frighting predators, the Sharks.

Trollex looked at his mother in confused.

Prince Trollex: Sharks?

Queen Marine: Mmm-hmm. You see, when they hunt us, it makes them all love music, so they made a kingdom around our reef and once a year, they made a holiday that they called, Beast, Eat, Feast.

Prince Trollex: How do you know about this, Mom?

Queen Marine: *made a sad face and sighed* Because...when I was eight, *flashback scene* I was playing around with some friends, until the Sharks started their hunt. We all tried to swim away, but we got tangled into some seaweed. We called are parents for help, and they did. They came out to untangled us and fought back against the Sharks. I was relieved at first, but when I was about to hug my father...a Shark got to him first...

Kid Marine: DAD!!

Queen Marine: ...I was terrified. So my mother toke care of me for when I continued growing up. *end of flashback* And I married your father and became queen, it was that year where we were cornered. And it was the Beast, Eat, Feast holiday. And you were about to make the princess of the Sharks, but it was also the same day where we made out escape. We all made it out, I almost lost your father, but it's a good thing that I didn't.

Prince Trollex looked down with sadness. He never knew his mother and father were very scared on what might happen we one of them left their home. Then he looked back up at his mom.

Prince Trollex: I...I never knew thats what happened when I was young.

Queen Marine: I was able to save your father. And I was hoping if I could still save you. *hugs Trollex*

Trollex hugged her back, and supports her protectiveness

Queen Marine: So, Trollex?

Prince Trollex: Yes, Mom?

Queen Marine: Promise me and your father that you will not leave the reef. Well, until you're older enough to do so.

Prince Trollex: *looked at the window* I promised