Chapter 3

~Levi's P.O.V~

"Demon? Are you certain? I couldn't sense it on her at all..." I ask, feeling confused.

"Yes. It's why she only inherited her mothers earth element. She should have been both Earth and Air, from her father's side, but no one ever questioned it as they were too relieved to finally be gifted with a child." Roman replies.

"Flora gave Drusilla a letter and asked her to not read it until after we had already taken in Alayna. We learned in the letter, that Flora had a short affair with demon who had visiting the fae realm. She learned she was pregnant quickly after, and with each year as Alayna grew, it was more and more clear that she had none of Aldric's looks or abilities. Only Flora's and that of someone else. The demon side of her has been said to be nonexistent, but with her power and abilities being suppressed for this many years, it's hard to know if that will remain true." Roman finishes.

"So, what exactly do you want us to do with her? Kill her?" Damian questions, and it takes everything in me to stifle a chuckle, as Salem nudges me in the ribs.

"Levi." he hisses, clearly unimpressed.

"Damian, please, for once take this seriously. I am trusting you over any of your siblings. Do not fail me on this. Don't you understand? She is incredibly powerful and now that knowledge has somehow been learned about her, it's only a matter of time before people come for her of all kinds. Most specifically, the dragons." Roman retorts, doing his best to keep his anger in control.

You could see the vampire king was incredibly stressed and that this matter was particularly sensitive for him.

"You want us to keep her hidden here?" Beau suggests, and Roman gives a curt nod.

"Yes, and much more." Roman begins to reply.

"She's nearly 20 years old and it's time for her to learn the truth and lead her future. I want Crimson, to undo the spells and all the compulsions she has had. Then, I want each of you to help her learn to control her abilities and learn to fight both magically and physically so that she is prepared for whatever danger comes her way, as there will be plenty. As well as keep her safe and hidden here until she is completely in control of her power and can fed herself off in a physical fight." he finishes.

"Do the dragons already know of her existence?" Beau asks.

"As far as I know, not yet... but it's only a matter of time until they do. Word is quickly spreading, faster then I would like, and the elves are already coming my way in hopes to get their hands on her." Roman replies.

"Are you sure undoing the compulsion is a good idea? Just undoing the spells containing her power will be challenging enough in more ways then one. Adding the removal of the compulsion is bound to cause many more issues, and no doubt cause a lot of distress." Crimson pipes in, clearly feeling uneased at the requests.

"I understand your concerns, but there is no other choice. She needs to know everything." he simply states in return.

"I do have some injections with me. We have been giving her one each day to help keep her body in a weakened state so that her powers could not break through the spells. I recommend you continue giving them to her until everything has been undone and some training to help manager her abilities has been achieved. Just to be safe." he adds, and Crimson's eyes widen in surprise.

"What are in these injections?" she questions, and Roman shrugs his shoulders.

"Pixie dust is the main ingredient, diluted with other stuff." he replies, and her jaw drops.

"You've been poisoning her on a daily basis for 5 years?" she questions, her voice filling with emotion.

"We see it as a necessary evil to keep her powers under control. It's not enough to do any damage, just weaken her. Don't forget how powerful she is." Roman replies, completely unfazed.

Crimson shakes her head in bewilderment, and we can all tell she's struggling to keep her mouth shut from no doubt telling him off.

"How will we be compensated for this shitty job? Considering we will be stuck doing all the fucking dirty work." Damian hisses out with an irritated tone, thankfully changing the topic in the process.

"However, you see fit at the end. I will be more then willing to oblige to just about any request." his father retorts, calmly.

"Well, if that's all there is too it. I think we should go and start introductions, don't you?" Beau suggests, knowing full well Crimson would need a few minutes to calm herself down before pissing off the king.

"Yes, and then I will be on my way." Roman replies.

.....Meanwhile.....

~Alayna's P.O.V~

I waited for them all to huddle into a room to have their meeting with Roman, before quickly making my way back to the front door where I found Roman's coat hanging up on their coat rack. Digging through his pockets, I easily find the keys to the car we had driven, along with his wallet and both mine and his cell phones.

Grabbing all 4 items, I quietly open the door and shut it behind me, before running and unlocking the car doors.

I hadn't had much practice driving, but I did know the bare minimum. So, I quickly get behind the wheel and start the engine, before slowly pulling away from the house and slowly speeding up as I turn onto the long-deserted road that led between their home and the nearest highway.

Everything was going smoothly, and time was quickly passing as I got closer and closer to the end of their road, when all of a sudden, a dark figure appeared in front of the road, making me quickly slam on the brakes as hard as I can.

To my amazement as the car is slowing to a halt, the figure has suddenly disappeared and before I can even sigh in relief, an unfamiliar masculine voice is heard next to me.

"Sorry, little devil. You're not going anywhere... except back home with me." it says.

I whip my head to the side and all I can do is scream in fear as the sight of a sudden man is sitting next to me.

"WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU AND HOW THE FUCK DID YOU GET IN HERE!" I shout, as my heart beats so fast, I feel like it might explode.

"The name's Levi. One of your new roommates, and a powerful demon. I used my shadow ability to appear in here." the man replies simply, almost bored.

I take a good look at him, noticing how incredibly handsome he is.

Perhaps I'm not so doomed after all...I think to myself.

Levi suddenly lets out a deep chuckle.

"Oh, little devil... you most certainly are doomed." he tells me, making my jaw drop but before I can reply, the door beside me is suddenly ripped open, and I am quickly met with the eyes of one pissed off vampire king.