Chapter 4

"ALAYNA!" Roman's voice booms, with an anger I had never saw before.

I had heard the stories about Roman, but in all the years that I had know him, I had never been on his bad side... until now, that is.

My eyes grow wide as his red angry eyes are ablaze on me, and for the first time, I feel a growing fear within me as my mind begins to replay the horrible stories I have heard about him.

"Roman...please..." my voice pleads, a fearful whimper leaving my lips as my figure tried to shrink away from him.

With lightning speed, I am hauled out of the car and thrown against it as he towers over me with his fangs barred.

I gulp in fear as my body begins to shiver with fright, an intense fear I had never experience before fills me.

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOUR DOING?!" he roars loudly, bringing a verge of tears to my eyes.

Too terrified to respond, my silence only seems to anger him more, and as leans closer towards me, I close my eyes as if the action would protect me from whatever was coming next.

"If your still in a rush, I can take things from here. I believe you have scared the little devil enough to regret her decision." Levi, to my relief, pipes in.

To my surprise, Roman quickly backs off as a flash of regret goes through his eyes, as he suddenly realizes how much fear he has bestowed in me.

"I'm sorry, Alayna... I didn't mean to frighten you. I... overreacted." Roman tells me, returning to his calm self.

I simply nod my head, my voice not ready to come out.

"Levi, will take you back... I really have to be on my way. I hope you can forgive me." he continues, and I nod once more, making him let out a small sigh.

"I'm just trying to keep you safe, Alayna. I hope you realize this in time and will forgive me. I will contact you soon." he adds, before climbing into the car I had just been driving.

"Come on, little devil." Levi states, gently reaching out and pulling my frozen body away from still being pressed against the car.

He wraps me up in a warm in embrace, as I let myself take comfort in it until suddenly everything turns black and before I can even react, the light returns and suddenly we are standing back inside their house.

"How..." I begin to question, as I look at Levi with wide eyes.

"Like I said, I'm a demon." he reminds me, with a proud grin.

"Oh good! You found her." another male's cheery voice, pipes in.

I turn to see another good looking male and question myself to why I hadn't taken a better look at the group when I had been in the room with them all earlier.

"Of course I did, babe." Levi replies, rolling his eyes playful at the male.

"Hello, Alayna. I'm Salem, and this is my soulmate, Levi. In case he wasn't polite enough to introduce himself yet." the other male, Salem, tells me.

"Oh, come on, Sale. Give me a little credit here." Levi states, with a small huff, making Salem chuckle.

The two of them on the outside looked like two polar opposites.

Levi gave off this dark aura, no doubt from being a demon. It was like a darkness was always surrounding him. With brown hair and dark brown eyes that sometimes almost looked black, it was shocking to see him with someone like Salem. Who had snow white hair and bright sky blue eyes, and a light aura that seemed to radiate right off him.

The two were nearly identically in height and size, with Levi only being slightly larger.

"How does a demon end up with someone as vibrant as you?" the question leaves my lips, all too fast.

Both of them out a loud chuckle, and I thank the gods they didn't take it the wrong way.

"Destiny, I suppose. It's very rare for demons and angels to fall in love, but every once in a century, it happens. Thankfully, we were lucky enough to be part of that rarity." Salem replies, proudly.

"So, your... an angel?" I question, hardly believing it myself.

"Yes, a fallen one, mind you, but an angel none the less." he states, and my head spins with the revelation.

"This day is getting stranger by the hour..." I mumble, under my breath.

"Poor girl, looks more pale now then she did when you two appeared." Salem chuckles to Levi.

"I guess discovering your an angel was more overwhelming then the start of Roman's wraith." Levi replies, with a deep chuckle.

I knew angels existed, I just never expected to meet one in all of my lifetime, let alone live with one.

"Please tell me, the rest of you lot are more... common." I ask, starting to wonder what kind of a crazy house, Roman had brought me to.

"I'm going to chose to not take offensive in that." Salem replies, before continuing.

"Asides from us, and Damien, who is a 'common' vampire as you ask. We have Crimson, who is a blood witch. Lucien, a werewolf, and Beau who is elven hunter."

"I'm sorry, elven hunter?" I question, never hearing of such a thing.

"He's an elf... but no longer serves his realm. Instead, he gets paid to hunt down creatures or monsters who are causing trouble and, or endangering others." he explains, and I nod my head.

"Well... Roman, has picked quite a group of people to hide me away with." I comment, feeling a bit on edge knowing I was going to be living in a home with so many different people.

"A diverse and powerful bunch. Which is exactly what you need. Different powerful individuals with different abilities and strengths. Sounds like a group that can keep you pretty safe, if you ask me." Levi retorts, a devilish grin pulling at his lips.

"So, our escape artist has returned, has she?" Lucien's familiar voice cuts in, interrupting our conversation.

"Only partially willing." I retort, making him grin in return.

"Spend a few more days with us, baby girl. You'll be more then willing." he winks at me.

"Mmm, tempting... but, not as tempting as getting the hell out of here." I reply, with a smirk.

"Believe me, by the time Crimson is done working her magic on you... the last thing you will want to be doing is leaving." a new voice states.

I whip around to see a man, much taller and larger then all the rest.

"What the hell is that suppose to mean? Are you threatening me?" I snap at him, despite his large size.

"Far from. I'm warning you, because what plans Roman has in stock for you, you'll be lucky to be fully recovered after a week." he tells me, staying completely calm.

"What the fuck do you mean, Roman's plans? I thought I was here for protection!" I yell, my emotions quickly rising with a mixture of confusion and anger.

"You are... but your also here for much more. Now I suggest you go and have a goodnight's sleep, because tomorrow will be the start of a very long and difficult week." the man states.