Well this Awkward

"Ah- umm I-I'm.." Shuichi struggled to get the words out of his mouth, when Kaede cut him off.
"Shuichi, It's fine. It was just accident. There's no need to act so nervous around me, we are friends now aren't we?" Kaede exclaimed in a calm demeanor.
"I- I guess...I'm s-sorry Kaede." Shuichi muttered, moving his hand so that he cover his face with his hat,but his hat wasn't on his head.
Shuichi started patting his head in confusion,"Huh?" the pale boy blurted out.
Kaede looked at him for a second before realizing what was wrong. Kaede then reached beside her and grabbed Shuichi's black and grey baseball cap."Here, when you were laying down it looked rather uncomfortable to be wearing this hat, sorry about that." I handed him back his cap and he quickly pulled it over his face, avoiding all forms of eye contact.
"Are you feeling any better Kaede?"Shuichi asked breaking the dull silence that had filled the room.
"Yeah, I'm definitely feeling far better, though it does feel like I've been hit with a damn shot put ball."I remarked.

The two of them giggled about the incident and this whole ordeal when a thought popped into Kaede's head.
"Hey Shuichi, can I uhh ask you something?" Kaede murmered. "Oh, um..okay." Shuichi mumbled nervously. "Your dream just now, what was it about?" Kaede asked curiously." Oh, ah I-" Kaede cut him off,"nonono it's fine, you don't have to tell me it's just, I was quite worried. I wasn't expecting to see you laying there, let alone crying." Shuichi started looking down at his feet, he looked afraid.
"It's fine, I'll tell you" Shuichi grumbled. Kaede stayed silent waiting for Shuichi to explain.

"It was a memory of mine, the memory of when I became the so called 'Ultimate Detective'.It started with one case, my uncle worked for a detective's agency and I came across one of his unsolved files. It was a case of murder. This guy was murdered by a different person and they had been reviewing the case at the time. I read through the file and started piecing information together, I had figured out who the killer was. When I brought it up with my uncle he reviewed it with his team at the detective agency and the culprit was taken into custody, Eventually word got out that he was indeed the killer and I was praised for being able to solve such a case at a young age. I was there when the guy was arrested, he looked at me with such anger and hatred in his eyes, it was like he was telling me that he was gonna come after me next. Later I had found out that the victim of the case had manipulated the culprit's family into harming themselves and inevitably commiting suicide. I felt horrible for what i'd done, I had avenged an awful human being, a manipulative sadistic asshole. I haven't been able look anyone in the eyes since that event, scared of how other's look at me and what they'll think of me. This is also the reason why I wear this hat. Well then, that's what I had been dreaming about. Though, it was far from a dream" Shuichi explained, after his story it had been silent once again for a few seconds.

"Shuichi..you shouldn't need to be scared anymore, I doubt that anything like that will happen again, atleast not here anyways. I know that you may feel uncomfortable about it but everybody needs to venture out of their comfort zone every once in awhile. Even I need to do that, I perform in concerts all around the world infront of thousands of people and yet, I have serious stage fright. It shows that if you really put your mind to something you can accomplish it, no matter how hard it may seem. I know that there's a drastic difference between how we feel but I know that you can do this." Kaede exclaimed.
"Thank you Kaede, I really appreciate the encouragement. I think that I'll try...eventually, just maybe not right now." Shuichi replied with a warm smile plastered on his face.
"I'm proud of you Shuichi, though we haven't known eachother for very long and yet, you seem to trust me.I'm so, very thankful for that. Also, if I'm being completely honest with you, you look better without the hat." Kaede smirked and laughed while shuichi's face slowly became a saturated shade of crimson red.

After a few extra minutes of talking and messing around the 'Nightime Announcement' started to play.
Kaede and Shuichi came to the conclusion that they should probably head to the dorms situated in a complex outside of the school.
Shuichi helped the still injured Kaede out of the infirmary bed and they walked to the room's door. Shuichi's hand pulled the door handle only to realize, they had been locked inside.

(To be continued)