THREE

************

"Got a little paycheck, you got big plans"-Ophelia By The Lumineers

************

[CHAPTER THREE]
NOT ALL OF US ARE RICH, PRINCESS

LACEY BIT HER LIP, GLANCING AROUND AT THE MOTEL AS JOHN B'S BOAT SLOWED DOWN. The motel looked far from anything Lacey had ever stay in before -but then again, the only hotels she's ever stayed in was five stars. But the difference meant nothing to her when she realised that the dirties motels held the greatest secrets, which excited the girl as the boat got closer to the dock.

The girl noticed a year ago, that there were two sides to her. Lacey Reynolds, the excited girl who actually enjoyed adventures, the one who distracted her mind from thinking. The one who liked mysteries and Peoples validation. The one who found humor in a lot of small things, the girl who smiled when people who refer to her as hot. The one who didn't care about anything. The girl who lived for distraction, to feel overwhelmed by situations but then end up not feeling at all. Then there was Lacey Reynolds, the girl who like rained, and music. The one who didn't talk much about her feelings or smile, or really speak. The one who did drugs to feel things. The one who hated herself for what happened to her dad. The one who never even talked about her dad. The one who bothered the line on wanting to live but never quite sure.

In the space of one year, the two lines between those different types of girls, got blurred and now Lacey didn't really know who she really was . She just knew who she was supposed to be, the first one. However the second was always there. In the back. Wanting to come out.

Lacey's mind wondered to her mother who was probably on one of her many business trips. She thought about what the women would say if she saw her daughter hanging around with the Pogues in a damp looking motel, but the truth was, Lacey honestly didn't care. She wouldn't want to be hanging anywhere else but here right now .

"Oh this is definitely going to be fun" The girl exhaled, clapping her hands slightly as she jumped off of the still moving boat. Truthfully things in the Lacey's life was being to bore her, with the girl needed something new and exciting to distract from not drinking. The side effects were beginning to catch up with her with the downfall of her high. She missed the feeling of waking up in a random house, piecing the puzzle back together of the night before. She needed her mind to stop thinking about what happened last night, she needed it too.

The group glanced at her as if she was insane- For a girl who drove an expensive car, wore expensive jewellery and lived in a expensive house, it was hard for them to imagine her actually enjoying stepping in this place. Lacey gave them the group her biggest smile before JJ burst out laughing, seeing the excitement on the girl's face.The last time he saw that look on her face, she was being praised by a teacher for getting the highest markings in the class - when they were twelve.