SIX

************

"She had a face straight out a magazine"-Robbers By The 1975

"Call me friend, but keep me closer and I'll call you when the party's over" - when the party's over By Billie Eilish

************

[CHAPTER SIX]
MOLLY

THE NIGHT WAS COMING TO AN END AS THE KEG WAS DRYING OUT, PEOPLE  WERE BEGINNING TO MAKE THERE WAY HOME. Lacey stood beside John B as they continued their conversation about Him surfing the surge the other day.

Truthfully she wasn't taking in a word that left his mouth, focusing on the trip she was currently feeling.After her encounter with JJ, the girl decided to take in a lot more drinks, even finding her regular dealer at the party and getting a small piece of magic she liked to call Molly.

Lacey didn't think the boy beside her even noticed she was high, as he was slightly tipsy himself. She focused on the warm feeling the drug gave her, Like she was receiving a hug from someone she loved. It didn't make her overly happy, Like her conversation with JJ did, but it just stopped her from thinking.

Stopped her from feeling.

"The waves bro, they were so -"John B started Before he stopped for a second take a look at Lacey, she wasn't looking at him. He wasn't even sure if she was paying attention. The boy had had a couple drinks, and seemed to find his way towards her. He wanted to speak to her, even though it was becoming obvious she wasn't really interested. He continued to talk  however. He felt her glaze, ever so often. Nodding at him or inputting a few common words into their conversation.

JJ had made his way over after a few minutes, filling two cups up from the keg. He hadn't noticed the way Lacey was staring into the sky. Watching the stars as though they would magically swallow her up, any minute. She turned to face him, once she felt a small nudge.

"For my lady" He spoke in a British accent which made the girl scrunch her nose as she smiled up at the boy who stood a few inches taller than her. The drug was wearing off, only lasting around two or three hours because of the small dosage she took. She didn't mind though. Lacey thought it might becoming obvious to John B if he kept talking to her, that she was indeed High.

This time when JJ approached, Lacey made it a point not to looked at him so often. She didn't want to seem desperate to feel what she felt earlier. She wasn't either. The girl was getting over the idea that the two might have felt the same about their interaction from earlier, espeacially when JJ continued to flirt with the same girl for over an hour, while Lacey just watched from a distance. The girl wasn't annoyed, or aggravated . She was simply confused.

She hated being confused. Definitely not with her feelings. Not when all the feelings she had, she was so certain about. Although they had all been mediocre, one feeling was beginning to confuse her. And she hated it. Not when all her other emotions could be controlled. She didn't even know what it was. Which the girl hated even more.