FOUR

************

"I cannot be changed, trust me I tried

"I cannot be changed, trust me I tried. I just end up right at the start of the line" - Circles, Mac Miller

*************

[CHAPTER FOUR]
PANIC ATTACKS

WHEN THE GROUP ARRIVED AT THE COAST GUARDS IN THE CUT, LACEY WAS SURPRISED TO SEE SUCH A COMMOTION AS EVERYONE STOOD AROUND WHISPERING AND GOSSIPING. The girl turned around to see the police pushing a trolley she could only assume was holding a body as Lana Grubbs,  a local on the island was crying to several officers, barely forming any real words.

Lacey's eyes followed the body intensely as it got rolled away, standing beside Kiara and the rest of group who did the same. The girl blinked fast as tears threatened to spill down her face as she thought about her Dad. She hated this. She hated very ounch of her body that let her feel things. In a way, the girl felt the desire for everything to stop, slow down for a few minutes so she could catch her breathe and process her emotions. Lacey was a firm believer that the world was moving too fast for her to comprehend her own feelings. In a way, the girl kind of felt like a pillar in a art museum. Nobody ever noticed the pillar, but it was there while the world revolved around it.

Lacey who had zoned out looking at the body as it got rolled away was snapped back into the conversation as John B asked a group of teenagers who the body was. The girl let out a shiver not even wanting to know the name of the person just Incase she actually knew them.

The group was already on edge see the blonde girl hang around with John B's group like it was nothing. The royalty of the island never hung out on this side of the island unless there was a party and usually at that, Rafe Cameron was never to far behind. It was strange, like the divide between the two sides of the island was creasing. They shrugged it off, but kept their eyes on the Pogues instead of the Kook, showing them were their loyalty lied.

"It's Scooter Grubbs," Peeler explained. "He was out during the storm. Check out this pic I got." The group leaned in to see the picture with Lacey immediately taking a step back into JJ who placed his cold hands on her shoulders naturally. The girl stepped on his feet accidentally, with the blonde ignoring it and holding her still. He didn't glance down at her, continuing the conversation as the girl let it go in one ear and out the other.

Lacey on the other hand couldn't seem to get the image out of her mind, The more she tried to the more it would just appear haunting her. These were the times the girl wished everything would stop, that her heart didn't feel like it was about to beat out of her chest and the world wasn't dizzy making her stomach want to release whatever she had for breakfast.