TWELVE

************

"I got sunshine on a cloudy day "- My Girl by The Temptations

************

CHAPTER TWELVE

CAR RIDES

LACEY WHO STOOD IN FRONT OF JOHN B'S MIRROR THINKING ABOUT HOW CRAZY THE LAST WEEK HAD BEEN, LOOKED AT HER REFLECTION, WONDERING HOW SHE ENDED UP HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE. If she had never met the Pogues, she would never be here, in John B's house waiting for him to open a package from his father that was supposedly death.

It was a creepy turn of events from what the girl was planning on doing this summer. For once she wasn't out partying, sleeping with Rafe or any Random person she found at a party. She wasn't taking drugs or wasting her life away. She was simply, helping a friend out.

The whole saying sent a shiver down the girls spine. Lacey didn't like to think about change. How even though she didn't want to change, she was. She could feel it. In her bones. She wasn't the same girl anymore. Not when she referred to the Pogues as her friends. Even if they didn't see her in that way. She had made friends. Maybe not life long friends, maybe it was just this moment in time. These people were her moment in time. The type of friends books were written about. The type of people that changed your perspective on life. They were slowing doing that to Lacey. She hadn't once thought about slipping her phone out of her pocket, into her hands.

As Lacey walked out of the John's bathroom she looking towards JJ who was making a sandwich for himself. The girl couldn't help releasing  a giggle, realising he probably had the munchies from the blunt he was smoking earlier. JJ glanced over at the girl giving her a slight wink before continuing to make his sandwich.

None like her and John B, JJ wasn't awkward with the girl after the night they spend together. The unspoken rule had applied, and they were both trying to forget the moment even happened. They were just two casual friends that hooked up on the down low - now also two casual friends that held hands. Nothing was to complicated that made the girl scared, which was honestly for the better. She hadn't thought about the flinch her body had done when JJ touched her neck, it was a distant memory. He made her want to forget about it. Distract herself from the life she had outside of these people. It felt euphoric.

"That bread had moles on it from three days ago" Pope informed the boy who just shrugged him off. Lacey walking by at the same time looking at him as though he was a pig.

"Your disgusting" Lacey jokingly spoke walking past the boy who pulled her by the arm back, with the group continuing their conversation about the package. JJ's hand rested on the girl's waist as she looked ahead, trying not to make eye contact.