NINE

************

"We never learn, we been here before"-Sign Of The Times By Harry Styles

************

"I had all and then most of you, some and now none of you" - The night we met By Lord Huron

CHAPTER NINE

RAFE CAMERON

KILDARE COUNTY ISLAND WAS VISUALLY THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PLACE Lacey had ever seen, but in all beautiful places there is hidden features that the rest of the world wouldn't dare try to figure out. The mysterious behind the close door.

On the surface the island looked nothing but perfect. Everything was astonishing, from the rich houses to the amount of money pouring into the island each year due to tourism. Nothing ever seemed wrong to the outside world. Nobody ever questioned the economic divide between the cut and figure eight . If somebody was to just scrape of the first few layers of the problem, they'd see the horrors that really happen in the corrupt side of the island, Figure 8.

Figure 8 was full of behind close door deals and back stabbing colleagues, All shoved into formal events held each month by Maria Reynolds. If it wasn't the Cameron's holding some sort of dinner to organise a business plan for the future, it was the Reynolds. The events were never intended to be a reason for Maria to catch up with her fellow colleagues or 'friends', more of a way to slip in some off the record dealings, which usually make her millions in the long run. The inner circle was always small, only accumilating to a few people the women bared her trust in, even at that trust was a strong word. They were all Kooks obviously, born and raised. Lacey wasn't even sure if any of her mothers colleagues ever stepped foot on the cut, even though they owned most of it. Lacey saw the inner circle as some sort of mystery, a hidden group only the elite were allowed in. In her mind she thought it was some bullshit, but just went along with their game. The girl attended every dinner, only even missing one.

Of course the girl could of tried to ditch but the last time that happened her mother decided it would be fun to punish her for two months, taking away all communication links to the outside world and forcing the girl to stay in her room unless there was a another formal event she could torture her with.

See Lacey wasn't just there to show her attendance at the party and give small talk to her mother's colleagues, no she was apart of a bigger plan. One she didn't know she was apart of at first, until it was to late. That's why on her arrival to the house, the girl was immediately gretted with a professional hairstylist and a makeup artist to make her look perfect. Not a hair out of place could be seen or a smidge of makeup on her face. The girl represented everything that was perfect about her family, from the looks to the wealth. It was almost as thought the girl was selling a dream, that you could be like this if you just worked a little bit harder and did your makeup a little bit better.