7: Love can be a little light in the dark

Thomas POV:

I hear the bullet hitting his head and I drop the gun and fall on my knees. I put my head in my hands and cry my eyes out.

"STILES?!" Scott screams at me. Tears slowly rolling down his cheeks. "YOU JUST KILLED YOUR DA- NO YOU JUST SHOT HIM IN THE FREAKING HEAD!!" He screams at me.

I slowly stand up and turn toward Scott. The whole pack is looking at me like I'm a murderer. "I DIDN'T KILL HIM SCOTT! THE FLARE KILLED HIM!" I screamed at him. "YOU WANTED TO KNOW WHAT THE FLARE IS, THIS IS THE FLARE." I yell while I point at the body of my dad. "HE WAS A CRANK. HE WAS PAST THE GONE. AND HE WAS JACKED IN THE HEAD. YOU HEARD IT. HE WAS TOTALLY INSANE!!" I spat at him tears streaming down my face by now.

"You had the cure.." Lydia mumbles. "You could have saved him.." My mouth falls open when I realise I could have saved my dad.

"See! He didn't even think of it! He didn't even think about saving his dad!" Theo huffs. "SHUT UP!" I shout at him.

"Enough yelling and screaming at each other." Deaton says, trying to calm everyone down. "Thomas, didn't save his dad, because he isn't used to the fact of having a family. To only people he had were his friends." Deaton explains. "So in an instinct he saved the cure for his friends."

"That's not an excuse to let him kill his dad." Malia whispers, still in shock of what just happened. "I didn't have a choice!" I defend myself. "You always have a choice!" Scott shouts back at me.

"Maybe in the world you used to live in. But in this one? No, no you don't have a choice in this world Scott."

*** *** ***

Thomas POV:

We were all sitting by a big fire. It reminds me of my first night in the Glade. And the way Newt and I talked.. like we knew each other for years. I feel a single tear roll down my cheek. I dry it as fast as I can. I stand up and walk away from the fire. I can't be there a minute longer.

I sit now on a rock, on the edge of a cliff. I hear someone coming from behind me. Not in the mood to talk, I turn around, ready to snap at whoever came to me.

I stare right in Lydia's perfect green eyes when I turn around. "Ohh, It's you." I say and turn to face the moon again. "Do you mind if I sit next to you?" She asks me. "No of course not." I say, maybe a bit too fast.

She sits next to me and stares at the moon as well. "Only 2 more days until the full moon." She whispers. "Are you guys than like, going crazy and killing everyone?" I whisper back. She chuckles. And it's the most sweet chuckle I've ever heard before. Except Teresa's of course.

"No they can controle it." She says like it's the most obvious thing in the world. "Oohh.." I whisper. Not really understanding why we are whispering. She starts laughing and looks at me.

"Why are you laughing?" I chuckle, while I need to hold a laugh back as well. "I don't know, you just make me laugh. Even when the world is like this. I feel like, without you. I would have already given up hope." I am blushing by the time she ends.

He had the same feeling about her, he wanted to go further. Because of her. "I feel the same about you." I whisper. Deep inside I know it, but I don't admit it.

I can't do this to Teresa.

And I repeat that one sentence over and over in my head, like a prayer. But when I look at Lydia, I can't help myself but fall in love. With those perfect green eyes. And her strawberry blonde hair.

"You don't have to like me back." She whispers. "But I do like you." I want to say something back, but I can't. So I stay silent. I grab her hand. "We will make it out of this hell hole." She promises me. I shake my head. "No, we can't. When we make it out of this city, there is another one. Maybe worse. More cranks. Maybe even WICKED.. Once you come into this hell, you can't make it out. Unless we find the right arm."

"Than we find the right arm." She says, in her sweet tone. I just nod and look at the moon. "I can't do this.. Risking all your lifes for me and my friends. You should go your own way, safe from WICKED. Safe from me.." I whisper with a sad tone in my voice. "No.." she whispers back. "I would never leave you.. Neither would they." She says while looking at the others.

"You have to." I look her straight in the eyes. "It's safer." I grab a little piece of her hair and put in behind her ear. I let go of her hand and stand up and walk into the woods. I her her yelling my name but I block her voice out. I can't loose her. Not like I lost Teresa.

Nobody is going to get hurt again because of me. Not again. They want to go with me, because they think it's safer. But it's not. Newt wanted to go with me too. And I let him. He died. Because of me. Because I let him go with me. I won't let that happen again. Never again. I grab the piece of paper with the address on. I know the chance is very small they are still there. But I don't have another choice. I need to find them. On my own.

*** *** ***

Newwwwww chapter Greenies!1!1! Hope you enjoy this one even if it is super short. Gave you guys some Stydia moments. Will they end up together? Will they ever see each other again? Will she get bit when he is gone? You'll see ;)
Byie, love from the worst author in the world who kills people and ruins ships. xoxo

Edit: why did I not put Newtmas in this? I never really thought this book through sad sad