15: You can't break promises

Newt POV:

I scream in defeat as I watch Thomas' eyes slowly close. I shout while trying to escape from Isaac's grip around me. Tears are rushing down my face. "TOMMY!!" My heartbroken scream slices through the thin ear in the woods.

They drag his lifeless body away in a Berg. I keep screaming all the air out of my lungs. When the Berg flies away, Isaac let go of me. I fall down my knees in defeat. Tears still streaming down my face. "Tommy.." I barely manage to say between sobs.

All of the pack members are just looking at the scene in shock without knowing what to do. I put my head in my hands and cry my eyes out. Isaac sits next to me and is softly rubbing my back. I lean against him and cry softly in his shoulder, not knowing what to do now.

After a while we all sit around, nobody has said a word, until Mason speaks up. "That was intense."

We all look at him with shock, seriously that is the only thing he says about what just happened? "What now?" Scott asks nobody in particular. "There is no what now." I answer him without looking up form the ground.

"We can't loose hope!" He protests but I just shrug. Bring back hope. The sentence keeps coming back in my head, even if I push it away every time. Bring back hope. It was a little sentence on a board in the mep room. Bring back hope.

I stand up, causing everyone to look at me in confusion. "You're right, we can't loose hope." They all look at me like I am jacked in the head by my sudden turn of opinion. "If I was kidnapped, and not Tommy. He would pick his ass up and rescue me, like we did with Minho. And now I am doing the same. Now it's my turn, to pick my ass up and finish what he started, I am going to rescue Thomas and take WICKED down. Whatever it takes."

Scott opens his mouth to say something, but closes it again after he realises he doesn't know how to react. Isaac stands up and walks up to me. "I'm in." They all look at the two of us. "Are you aware of the risks?" Deaton asks me. "Yes, I know the risks. I'm gonna kill Logan Smith."

"Newt." Scott protests. "That's impossible." I chuckle when I realise I thought the same when Tommy wanted to kill Ava Paige, but that shank did it. "Maybe, but it's worth the risk Scott. If we don't take WICKED down, we are going to be running for the rest fo our lives, we are their little laboratory experiments and we are playing their game."

"When Thomas wakes up in WICKED. The first thing he is going to do, is make a plan. To get the hell out of that hell hole. And we can help him but if you shanks don't want that, he is on this alone." I say while crossing my arms. Liam speaks up for the first time in forever. "But how are we supposed to know where they are."

"I don't, but he does." I say while pointing at Deaton. He nods at me. "Indeed, I do." "And you." I say while pointing my finger at Chris this time. "You have a lot of good stuff, stuff that can blow things up." Scott's eyes widen when I talk about blowing things up. He is totally not fan of the whole killing thing. "You are going to blow up their headquarter." I roll my eyes at him.

"Uh, yeah. Unless you want to put a bullet through every single shank's head." He sighs, still trying to reason with me. "How about, we don't kill anyone?" Now it's my turn to look at him in shock. I shake my head before answering. "Good luck with that shank, if they are alive they are going to hunt us forever. There is no other way."

"Okay, nobody has to come with me. But I am going to rescue him." I finally say. "We're in." Scott answers.

*** *** ***
Thomas POV:

I woke up with a massive headache. I feel my head pounding and it still feels like my shoulder is on fire. I don't open my eyes, afraid of what I might see. I think back to the fight before I passed out. Newt's reaction was burned in my memory forever. He looked so heartbroken at the way I was lying there.