Chapter 03: Outbreak in Acting

Shooting in the winter is definitely not a comfortable experience for actors; therefore, almost everyone would like to stay in the kitchen after lunch to keep warm. They were reluctant to return to the set unless the director called them out through a loudspeaker.

Sheng Xing Ze was the same; he stayed in the kitchen until he was being called. As he reluctantly walked outside, the oncoming snow blew at him, causing him to inhale the cold breeze .

However, today was considered as one of those rare good weathers. The filming set was in a remote small village near the film and television city. This pure paradise had never been polluted by the heavy industrialization. There was a clear stream in the village that had not yet frozen; from a distance, it had this lonely gray-blue color, reflecting the gray-black forest with fallen leaves trees. The sight of the fog evaporating from the forest into the clouds is quite bright and translucent.

"Sheng Xing Ze! Sheng Xing Ze!"

Zhang Chao's voice was extremely penetrating. It looked like he had been staying outside for a long time because his nose was red due to coldness, "Where's Sheng Xing Ze? Tell him to hurry up!"

"I'm here, I'm here--" Sheng Xing Ze tightened the white costume on his body; in order for it to appear elegant, this costume was made with thin layers, "Director, are you looking for me?"

"Young Master Sheng, it's not that I want to trouble you," Zhang Chao tapped on the monitor, "We really cannot use these."

In the monitor were the shots taken by the original owner. Although the person inside had good appearance, his expression was stiff and the dialogues were emotionless. It looked like he was forced to sit in the classroom and read the text out loud when he was not fully awake.

Other people on the set were looking at Sheng Xing Ze with different emotions: indifferent, sympathetic, and even gloating.

Sheng Xing Ze was scolded by the director as soon as he came in; several small role actors, who had not dared to raise their heads when they were scolded, were now also dared to raise their heads and quietly looked in the direction of Zhang Chao.

"Okay, I'll retake them immediately."

Sheng Xing Ze agreed with the director's opinions. He was not satisfied with the shots taken by the original owner, and it just happened that he had a chance to retake these. In other people's eyes, this was considered as double the workload, but Sheng Xing Ze took this as an opportunity.

*

There was a fierce dispute in the dressing room. Sheng Xing Ze stood at the door and knocked on it pretending not to hear anything. The voices in the room came to a stop, then someone inside answered his knocking; he pushed the door and walked in.

The makeup artist Meng Xia was the veteran in this filming set. She followed Zhang Chao when he made the first film. Everyone had always been respectful to her, even Yu Bai would call her "Sis Xia."

But as soon as she came to the studio this afternoon, she was being taunted by Zhang Chao; however, compared to Sheng Xing Ze, Zhang Chao's attitude to her was actually better. A lot of people tended to release their anger on other staff members since they had nowhere to vent it. Sheng Xing Ze believed that it was Yuan Xiu who was her target earlier.

Seeing Sheng Xing Ze came in, Meng Xia secretly sighed.

Here comes another difficult one to deal with.

After some time, Yu Bai also came in and took a seat not too far from Sheng Xing Ze. Meng Xia was the only makeup artist in this room; looking at the situation, she would be spending a long time applying makeup to Yuan Xiu. Sheng Xing Ze's eyes looked over to Yu Bai, then he turned his body to face the other man.