Chapter 15: Are You Going to Sleepover Tonight?

Sheng Xing Ze just wanted to ask Yu Bai to sign an autograph for the kid, but who would have known that after hearing the Wu's siblings problem, Yu Bai offered to help.

Although Sheng Xing Ze did not know what made Yu Bai willing to help someone out on his own, it was better to have the man sitting here, which made it easier for Sheng Xing Ze to take Wu Lu here.

Yu Bai was being very cooperative, every small request from Wu Lu he accepted it warmly. Even though his idol always had a smile on his face, Wu Lu did not dare to trouble his idol too much, and only requested for an autograph and a picture together.

During this whole time, Sheng Xing Ze did not say anything and just looked at the two of them, smiling like a kind father.

Wu Lu felt quite satisfied with the picture and the autograph from Yu Bai, but the two people in front did not seem to want him to leave. He covered Yu Bai's autograph and stared cautiously at Sheng Xing Ze sitting opposite of him, afraid that Sheng Xing Ze would steal the autograph from him.

"If I want to harm you, you would've been sold many times by now," this child's thoughts were written all over his face, Sheng Xing Ze could've guessed his thought in just one glance; he leaned his whole body on the sofa to find a more comfortable position.

Wu Lu blushed and carefully put the autograph back into his backpack, sitting on the sofa and staring at the hot cocoa in front of him in a daze.

"Shall we talk?" Sheng Xing Ze tried to soften his voice as much as possible. A magical voice that could calm one down, let one feeling relax when hearing it; even Yu Bai who only came here out of curiosity also could not help but focus his eyes on the talking man. Just like when he was acting, Sheng Xing Ze seemed to have radiated a light that made him unable to move his eyes.

"Why did you run away from home?" Sheng Xing Ze leaned onto the table, shortening the distance between him and Wu Lu.

Wu Lu hugged his backpack tightly and kept his head down without talking. The wrinkles forming on his backpack showed his nervousness as of now.

"Look at me!"

Seeing Wu Lu had never once looked at him, Sheng Xing Ze had no way to work his ability, so his voice suddenly became stern. Wu Lu got frightened and looked up instinctively, facing a pair of dark bottomless eyes, there seemed to be a strong tornado sucking him inside.

He felt himself immersed in these eyes, Wu Lu's brain gradually stopped functioning, and pictures in the past flipped through his memories like a movie show.

That's right, why did I run away from home; mom, dad and sister are so good to me, everything at home is really good.

With that thought, Wu Lu began to doubt himself.

"Why did you run away from home?" Feeling Wu Lu did not resist like before, Sheng Xing Ze asked again. His voice was still very soft, as if the one speaking in such a stern voice before was not him.

"I..." Wu Lu opened his mouth to say something, then again his eyes met with Sheng Xing Ze's eyes, the excuses he had thought up were hanging at his lips as droplets of tears began to fall down.

"Your parents and sister are very worried about you."

The boy in front of him was obviously shaken, Sheng Xing Ze looked in his eyes, the black swirling pupils pulled Wu Lu in until he felt that Wu Lu was ready to open up; then Sheng Xing Ze slowly retreated his ability.

The boy looked like he had just awakened from a dream, freezing for a moment before lowering his head and whispered.

"I can't go home."