Chapter 17: Cold War

"Cut, pass!" With this call from Zhang Chao, the actors immediately got out of character and quickly looked for their assistants in the group. Sheng Xing Ze nudged the messy wig on his head, tilting his head as he was about to tease Yu Bai.

"Brother Sheng, your phone has been ringing for some time now," Mi He Qiu finally waited until the director's call to let Sheng Xing Ze know. He was actually standing at the outermost area, he flexibly squeezed through the crowd and handed Sheng Xing Ze's phone to him.

Sheng Xing Ze took the phone, and the caller ID "Baba" called him back to his senses. He walked towards the corner of the crowd and swiped to answer. Father Sheng's angry roar came through the phone, "Xing Xing, let's leave, we're not going to shoot this movie, I'm so angry!"

"Dad, what has made you this angry?"

"Xing Xing, you probably don't know that the director of this movie is a bastard standing on the bully side, knowing that we invest in the crew just so our Xing Xing won't be bullied, and now what does he mean by refunding the money? What more, he even, he even added the compensation money for bullying us. They're obviously looking down on our family. I admit that we're just an upstart family, but it does not mean that they can just slap our son's face like this!"

"That's too much!"

Mother Sheng sat on the sofa letting out an angry roar, Sheng Xing Ze could feel his mother's anger exuding from the other line. He could already imagine Mother Sheng sitting on the sofa with crossed legs, huffing in anger.

Father Sheng quickly put down the phone to coax her, until Mother Sheng seemed to have cool down a bit, Father Sheng picked up the phone again:

"Xing Xing, look at how they have made your mom and I this angry, we'll invest in another movie, there's no need to be looking down at like this..."

"Dad, let me ask the director what happened, no one bullies me here, you can rest assured." Seeing that his father was about to make a long speech, Sheng Xing Ze quickly interrupted him, "I'm not lying to you."

Father Sheng obviously did not believe what Sheng Xing Ze said, insisting that he was being bullied on the set, and persuaded him to say it, "How does Baba not know your personality? You kids are too sensible, always saying good things, trying to not worry us, even when being bullied, you still don't talk about it with Mama and Baba."

"I'll turn into a puppy if I lie to you, the people on the set really like me." Sheng Xing Ze's eyes swept over to Yu Bai that was not too far away, and walked over to him, "You don't believe me, then I'll get someone to prove it."

Sheng Xing Ze pushed the phone to Yu Bai's ear who was unprepared, "Say, Do you like me?" Yu Bai looked at the young man with doubt in his eyes, Sheng Xing Ze mouthed to him: my dad.

"Uncle, I like Sheng Xing Ze a lot."

Yu Bai's deep voice rang in his ears. Sheng Xing Ze was not a sucker for voice tone, but these words from Yu Bai were like electricity flowing throughout his body, making him completely succumb to that voice.

No wonder Yu Bai has so many "girlfriend" and "wifey" fans, who could bear such an attractive voice.

He silently screamed in his heart.

They stood very close to each other, Sheng Xing Ze's ears felt a little itchy, and he rubbed it awkwardly, "you heard it, it's okay now, I like this script very much, will you promise to let me be in it~" He could not think any better methods to convince Father Sheng, he had no choice but to use that spoiled tone to speak.

Father Sheng hung up the phone suspiciously, threatening to come to the set from time to time. If he was to see someone bully him, he would never allow his son to continue the filming.