12 - history

✧✧✧

✧✧✧

I wake up the next morning in JJ's arms, the sun creeping though the shades of the window adjacent to us. I must have fallen asleep on the dock last night and JJ brought me to his bed. I sit up, rubbing my eyes when the nausea feeling from yesterday washes over me and I bolt up and sprint to the bathroom, almost knocking into Kiara on my way.

"Hey you're up early- woah are you okay?" She asks leaning down next to me as I empty my stomach into the toilet. I sniffle before nodding, "Yeah, just dandy." I deadpan, shaking me head as I look up at her, "I've felt sick since yesterday, must have caught a bug or something." I sigh before I feel bile rise up my throat and I stick my head back into the toilet bowl. She holds my hair back and once I'm done I lean my head against the edge.

"Hey have you seen Del- oh.." I hear JJ say before Kiara stands up and pushes him out of the bathroom, closing the door. "Thanks for that, I kinda don't want any of them seeing me like this. Demeaning in a sense,you know." She nods before handing me a towel which I take and wipe my mouth with.

"Yeah a bad bitch persona, I feel you." I let a small laugh escape my mouth before cracking a smile.

"Do you want me to take you home?" She asks, holding out a hand and I take it. She helps me off of the floor and I nod weakly before stopping. "Wait no I need to take my bike home, I can't leave it here."

She wraps her arm underneath my shoulder, her eyes softening as she opens the door, "I'll put it in the back of the car. I'm not letting you drive home in this state." I sigh before agreeing as she unlocks the door to reveal a very confused John B and a worried JJ.

"Is she okay?" Both of them ask at the same time and I nod weakly. "She must have caught a bug, I'm taking her home now but JJ could you take her to the car while I grab her stuff and John b can you get Pope and help get her bike into the trunk of the Twinkie?" John B nods, walking out of view to get Pope and Ki leaves my side for JJ to replace her.

He grabs my arms and loops them over his head and then proceeds to pick me up, his arm underneath my knees and on my back.

"We must stop getting ourselves in this situation Covey," he teases, shaking his head as he start to walk towards the front door. "Sorry I'm problematic J, I'll try better." I joke but it comes out more as a mumble.

"I'm sorry I didn't believe you when you said you didn't feel good. I should have-" he starts to ramble but I cut him off. "It's okay J, you were just being yourself and sometimes that means that you aren't used to trusting people. I get that, so don't feel bad. It wasn't your fault." I look at him in the eyes and I feel him let his guard down.

"So how did I get into your bed last night? You have some explaining to do.." I narrow my eyes at him as he sets me in the passenger seat. "You feel asleep and I didn't want to wake you so I carried you to the only available bed. It just happened to be the one I was sleeping in."

"I full heartily believe you," I say, closing my eyes and the last thing I feel is JJ's lips on my hairline before I'm out like a light. The next thing I feel is Ki gently shaking me awake, saying something muffled.

"What... huh?" I sputter, jolting awake to see Ki above me. "I said we're at your house, and you need to wake up." I rub my eyes before nodding lightly and grabbing my bag and we both get out of the van and walk toward the side.

"Hey why did you stop talking to Sarah and I freshman year?" I ask, trying to be nonchalant about it as I possibly can. "It wasn't really anything to do with you. I never really felt like I belonged as a kook you know? Sarah not inviting me to her birthday party was just the icing on top of the cake." She sighs as her and I pull the bike out of the van and I roll it to my shed.

"I never knew you didn't get invited. I thought you just decided not to come." I say, bringing myself back to that summer. "That was the summer that Char starting seeing Rafe," I murmur, still stuck in that time and I see confusion flash across Kiara's face. "They we're together?"

I nod lightly, sitting down on the porch before looking up at her, "Yeah, right up until she died. She was good for him. Reminded him what it was like to be alive and not a kook. I think that's why he hates me so much now. I remind him of her." I gaze off as I feel her sit down next to me.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there for you when she died. It must have been hard for you and your family." She frowns and I glance at her through my hair that has somehow fallen to the side of my face. "It's okay. I've come to realize that because of it many people have entered my life for the better, and she brought me back to you. So I owe that to her, to at least make the most of my life that I have left.."

I smile at her as tears prick both of our eyes and she pulls me into a tight hug. "I missed you Li. You have no idea." She mumbles into my chest and I laugh. "I've missed you too. Now don't you have somewhere to be? I wanna sleep," I whine and she laughs before letting go of me and starts walking backwards to the Twinkie. I shake my head as I wave goodbye and she reciprocated before climbing into the drivers seat and driving away.

I take a deep breath before I turn to my front door, grab the handle and pull it open. The second I step into the house I see my mom run intro the entryway and pull me into a tight hug.

"Oh honey I'm so glad you're home." She sighs, kissing my hairline and I quickly pull away, looking around to see if my dad is home. "He's gone for the day, something to do with Peterkin and Ward. I didn't ask questions." I nod, setting my bag down and she walks toward the kitchen, beckoning me to come with her.

"Do you want something to eat?" She asks and I shake my head softly, rubbing my eyes. "No I'm okay, I'm just going to go sleep upstairs, I'll see you later." She nods before pulling me into a tight hug again, kissing my forehead before letting me go. I walk up the stairs and into my room, collapsing onto the bed. Then I'm out like a light.

✧✧✧
Hello long time no see.
Well like four days and I'm
sorry for that.
I was really busy with
finals and such but now
I'm done with school for
the summer.
Finally, I swear the quarantine
made the school year
so much longer for some reason.
Anyways, I really hope you
enjoyed this chapter with
all the Ki and Del moments
(you're welcome)
and I will see you soon!