➸but

Summary: You weren't going to let anyone hurt him, not this time, not ever

With narrowed eyes, you lowered yourself slightly as you observed the interaction between the two

With narrowed eyes, you lowered yourself slightly as you observed the interaction between the two. You hiss quietly to the male, "Kokichi. Stop." He only glanced at you for a second, giving you a look and then continued on taunting the Ultimate Child Caregiver.

You huff quietly, this boy was seriously looking for trouble. You didn't bother paying attention to Kokichi's words, and instead opted to observe Maki's movements. She either didn't noticed your cold stare or decided to ignore it, in favour of glaring harshly at the Supreme Leader.

It was only a fraction of a second, barely noticeable, but it was enough for you to know what the girl was planning. Immediately after she lurched forward, you jumped in front of Kokichi and tightly held Maki's wrists that were aiming towards the male's throat. Shocked gasps echoed in the room, but you promptly ignored them. Her ruby eyes met your own [eye colour], confusion and shock in them. You glared at her coldly, a snarl on your lips.

She tried to pull her hands back, but your grip tightened as you growled out an angry, "Stay put if you know what's best for you."

She obeyed, hesitantly, her glare now directed at you. You gladly returned it, not intending to let go of her anytime soon. When Kokichi began talking, her eyes snapped towards the male behind you, but you continued to glower at her.

Your face was blank as you silently listened to Kokichi's words, your gaze and grip not wavering for even a moment. However, Kokichi's next sentence caused your eyes to widened in shock.

"Isn't that right, Miss Ultimate Assassin?"

Maki's face was pale with shock, but a second later she looked ready to lunge at Kokichi and choke him to death. Your eyebrows furrowed as you whispered to her in a dangerous tone. "Lay a hand on him and I'll make sure you regret everything and wish for death itself."

You knew your actions were going to get you enemies, but you couldn't care less. You weren't sure why you were so protective of the boy behind you, but you've always trusted your instincts and you weren't going to question them now.

Maki flinched at your words, but glared at you anyways. She yanked her hands back harshly, and this time you let her go, causing her to fall back to the floor. Kaito and Shuichi ran over to her in concern, but you didn't pay attention to them, and instead whipped around to face Kokichi.

He seemed startled at your sudden movement, but grinned once he got over it. You said nothing, just looking into his purple eyes silently. The two of you were in some sort of staring contest for a while, daring the other to look away. Eventually, you sighed and backed up. Giving everyone in the room one last stare, you curtly bid them farewell and left.

You silently hoped that Kokichi would follow you, and when you heard fast footsteps following behind you a small smile crept on your face. Once he got closer, you let the smile drop and stared ahead blankly. Kokichi skipped along beside you, neither of you sparing a glance at each other. "Soooooo, what was that about [Name]-Chan?" He asked casually, throwing his arms behind his head.

You stayed silent for a while. The walk was filled with awkward silence as you took your time to respond to his question.

"Nothing. She was going to hurt you, I couldn't let that happen." You murmured, loud enough for him to hear. "Nishishishi~ How thoughtful of you! I totally knew you were going to do that. I stole your heart, right~?" He teased. You shot him a half-hearted glare as you fought the warmth climbing up your neck. "Shut up. I should've left you there."

The male giggled, "But you didn't!"

"...."

"......"

"......."

"........."

You sighed and nudged him with your elbow.

"Yeah, I didn't."