➸again

Summary: You've been waiting for this day for so long, so why did you feel so nervous as it drew closer?

The smell of sweet vanilla seemed to intoxicate the room, covering every area that you seemed to reckon. Or that was perhaps an exaggeration, but who were you to ever take things seriously?Unconsciously, you clutched the soft fabric of your [favourite colour] dress as you stood in front of a mirror, eyebrows scrunched together as you tried to calm your nerves.

Upon noticing the slight wrinkling of your dress from your tightening grip, you immediately let go and tried to smoothened it out. You let out a soft, shaky breath, your eyes squeezed shut tightly. You needed to calm yourself before you get too caught up in your head and be late. And being late was the last thing you wanted to happen. You just can't bare the thought of leaving him alone. Not anymore.

The image of a hydraulic press flashed in your mind.

Blood splattered on the floor.

Bright, neon, pink blood.

His blood.

You quickly clasped your hands over your mouth as you hunched over, trying so, so hard to keep the bile inside your stomach. Tears were beginning to form in your eyes and blurring your vision, and you hated it. You hated it so much. You thickly swallowed, and shakily brought your hands away, your face morphed into a look of fear and horror.

Shaking your head, you took in deep inhales and exhales, once again trying to calm yourself, but this time for different reasons. After a while, you stood up straight and wiped the remaining tears away with a handkerchief you snagged away from the table. You gently put it back, and looked into the mirror once again. You leaned forward and began inspecting your appearance for anything that looked out of place or off.

You realized that your short crying fest caused the concealer around your eyes to smudge and reveal your bloodshot eyes along with the dark circles underneath them. Most of these were from your recent episode after watching his...

You sighed, and dug into your [s/favourite colour] crossbody bag to search for your beauty blender sponge and concealer.

You successfully covered up the area around your eyes, and nothing wrong was found on your face, you nodded in approval and leaned back. Once you where satisfied with your appearance you made your way towards the door. Out of the corner of your eye, you noticed a certain [favourite colour] flower crown placed on the floor. Your turned towards it and stared for a moment. Should you wear it?