➸annoying

Summary: You wonder why the alarm clock sounded too close and different

"Beep, beep, beep."

A sound reached your ears, making you reluctantly pull your way out of a deep slumber, feeling like you were climbing out of a cavernous pit full of pillows and down blankets. Leaving it was almost painful, but the insistent drone of the alarm left you no choice in the matter.

"Beep, beep, beeeeeeep."

Stupid adorable alarm. Adorable? You grumbled and clutched the blankets to you, not wanting to fully let go of the comfort of sleep, and turned to frown towards the alarm clock while rolling yourself up into a blanket burrito. Instead, you found a pair of purple eyes staring down at you, the owner smiling, propped up on one elbow, cheek resting on his hand.

"Beep, beep, beep, good morning sleepyhead!" Ah. Adorable alarm clock. You spent half a moment desperately trying to be irritated, but his smile was radiant, warming your heart and reminding you that blankets weren't the only good thing in this world.

"What time is it?" You grumbled tiredly. Kokichi snickered at your expression as you shot him a half-hearted glare. You maneuvered your arms out of the blanket, wincing a little bit from the soreness you had just discovered there, and sat up. He followed suit, sitting up in front of you excitedly. You wondered how someone could be so full of energy this early.

He grinned at you. You didn't trust that grin. Without warning, the male flung himself towards your sleepy self. You caught him easily, but with you still being half-awake, toppled backwards into the messy pile of blankets and pillows with a surprised yelp. "Nishishishi~ Betcha didn't expect that, riiiiiight?"

You groaned and shut your eyes, still not ready to deal with the energetic supreme leader. Kokichi began poking your face when you didn't respond, letting out quick 'hey's after every poke to annoy you further.

"Hey."

Poke.

"Hey."

Poke.

"Hey, hey."

Poke, poke.

"Heyyyyyyy."

Poke.

"Heyy-"

You sat up once again, bringing Kokichi, who had his other arm around your neck, with you. He let out a nearly inaudible sound of surprise at the sudden movement, but grinned victoriously when he realized he finally got a reaction out of you. You glared at him again, "What?"

He snickered and wrapped both his arms around you, bringing his face closer to yours. Your heart fluttered for a moment, noticing how your noses were nearly touching. Oh, you nearly forgot how adorable the purple-haired boy can be when he wasn't being an annoying little shit. You held your breath as his purple eyes bore into your [eye colour] ones.

"I'm hungry."

You blinked. Once. Twice. He stared right back at you owlishly, an innocent look on his face. You knew better than to trust that facade, but you still found it to be unbearable cute. A tired but fond sigh escaped you. "Goddamnit Kichi. I just wanted to get sleep."

"But I'm hungry! You wouldn't dare leave your supreme leader starving, would you?" He asked, giving you an exaggerated pouty look.

Oh god.

You felt your face warm up. His face looked adorable. And close to yours. He's not allowed to do that. That's illegal. He was being an annoying and whiny little shit, but you couldn't resist that look. With another tired sigh, you pushed him away swiftly, and got off the bed, flinching as your feet made contact with cold floor.

"Fine. I'll make pancakes, but don't you dare wake me up when I'm sleeping peacefully in the future." You knew that your words were meaningless, because Kokichi would definitely do it again just to annoy you, but you just pretended that you didn't. He cheered and jumped off the bed, moving to stand closer to you.

You nearly fell to the floor when Kokichi suddenly jumped onto your back. Fortunately, you were able to easily give him a piggyback ride [with him being smaller than you/despite him being taller than you]. "To the kitchen my noble steed!" Still a bit tired from just waking up, you let out a strained exclamation of affirmation and made your way out of the bedroom. Your lips quirked upwards when you heard Kokichi giggling happily from behind you.

He was an annoying little shit, but at least he was your loveable annoying little shit.