➸twinkle

Summary: Quite honestly, Kokichi has never met someone who managed to calm his usually energetic self down

Summary: Quite honestly, Kokichi has never met someone who managed to calm his usually energetic self down. It was certainly a change, but a welcome one. (Author!Kokichi X Teacher!Reader)

(Rushed and an AU)

Kokichi fell in love on a Tuesday, at the local coffee shop

The sun was hanging lazily in the sky, casting a warm golden glow over the city, its rays filtering gently through the crowded streets. Every so often, the tinkling of bells announced the arrival of a new caffeine-deprived customer to the cozy shop, where Kokichi was a regular patron. The soft, smooth jazz, alongside the rustic decor and kind hearted staff, presented an atmosphere unlike any other. The Prince's Brew was, by far, the author's preferred location to relax.

Today, however, Kokichi was anything but relaxed.

His deadline was approaching quickly and he still had to revise his work. Stress and lack of sleep weighed on the writer like a backpack of stones.

He retrieved his order from the counter— black coffee, three extra shots of espresso. He’d need it if he was to make it through the day.

Scanning the tables, he frowned when he saw his usual spot already occupied by a person with their back to Kokichi.

That’s annoying.

But all the other tables were full, and Kokichi really needed to work.

He walked over to the booth and tapped the person on the shoulder.

“Excuse me?”

The patron looked up, and Kokichi immediately lost all coherent thought.

Damn.

They were hot.

“Yes?”

Striking [eye colour] eyes met bright violet ones, and Kokichi had to compose himself before speaking.

“Heyyyy! You're sitting in my seat, you knooow? I come here practically every day! You should-"

“You can sit here. It’s no bother to me.”

Kokichi blinked when he was cut off, a slightly annoyed look on his face, but he slid into the booth across from the smirking [hair colour]-nette, who went back to typing on their laptop. Kokichi stared at them from under his hair before he pulled out his own computer and notebook, stuck a stray lock of hair behind his ear, and began to scribble notes in the margins of his draft.

Surprisingly, a long stretch of productive silence passed. Kokichi set down his pen and took a sip of his coffee, risking a glance at the other. He was pleasantly surprised to see the other blush and quickly look back down at their laptop, embarrassed at having been caught staring.

“Enjoying the view~?”

“I assure you, I have no idea what you mean.”

Kokichi gave them a smug and teasing smile.

“You can't lie to me, [random nickname].”

“It’s [Name], actually.”

[Name] adjusted their glasses, still avoiding eye contact. Kokichi closed his laptop and sat back in the booth, relaxed and confident.

“[Name], hm? I like that! I’m Kokichi. kokichi Ouma.”

The two fell back into a comfortable silence, sipping their coffee and losing themselves in their thoughts.

The short man began to doodle in his notebook.

“What are you working on, Ouma-Kun? You seem stressed.”

“Huuuuh? I don't know what you mean, [Name]-Chan!”

The other only stared back at him with a raised eyebrow. Kokichi faltered slightly under their gaze and huffed. He took in a deep breath let a huge smile take over his pale face.

“I’m writing a fantasy novel, actually! My deadline is in two months, and I’m not sure if I’ll be able to finish by then. Oooorrrr maybe I'm lying? I'm preeeetty capable~”

[Name] only nodded thoughtfully, taking another sip of coffee.

“What about you? What are you working on?”

“Lesson plans. I’m a [subject] teacher in a middle school.”

Kokichi made a face.

“Ew, school.”

[Name] laughed, and the writer could feel his heart melting.

Goddamn his hopeless, lonely heart.

“It’s not that bad, in my opinion. I find it to be a rather rewarding experience. I know I could never do what you do. Fantasy worlds are not my jam.”

“I get that! It’s harder than you’d think, honestly. I have so many ideas, and sometimes it gets overwhelming.”

“Understandable.”

The sun began to crawl across the sky while the pair talked and laughed, both blissfully unaware of the passing of time. The world seemed to fade away around them.

It was near noon when the teacher finally checked the time.

[Name] looked at their watch and cursed under their breath.

“Ah, I’m gonna be late for my meeting.”

The teacher quickly stuffed their laptop and papers into their backpack before standing. They stuck out a hand towards Kokichi.

“It was nice to meet you, Ouma-Kun. Good luck with your writing.”

Kokichi took the offered hand and shook it, a genuine smile slipping onto his face.

“The feeling is mutual, [Name]-Chan! Good luck with your lesson plans, you'll need it~”

And with a little wave, [Name] and their twinkling [eye colour] eyes left the shop, unknowingly taking a piece of Kokichi's heart with them.