15. The last glance

FLASHBACK

~ December 2014, Lahore ~

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

~Hooriyah

The large windowpanes rattled crazily due to the deafening roar of the thunderstorm and a rapid, wild thunderbolt on the skies high above, immediately embraced me with sympathy as soon as I ran out of the lobby as fast as I could, for if I had waited for few more seconds, I would have fainted.

Or worse, died!

Died out of the trauma, which I was blessed with tonight!

There was a horrible landslide down the mountains of hopes and expectations inside my barbarically destroyed heart. The merciless heartache started to spread throughout my veins like a venom, crashing my bones and rupturing my soul with immense brutality and pain.
As I ran towards the mansion, my whole body started to get drenched due to the heavy downpour. The downpour, which used to be the most beautiful and favorite blessing near my heart, felt extremely torturous and heartbreaking to me. I covered my mouth with the back of my hand as I cried like a child, trying my best to avoid any wail from escaping through it.

As I shivered badly due to being completely wet, I wrapped my arms around myself while searching for the way towards my room.

I was breaking, slowly and gradually!
My flesh was being torn brutally.
My eyes were swollen as if stung by a honeybee.
My lips were slowly turning purple and my face was all pale.
I was burning with fever!
Burning like hell!

"Apparently, your filthy caliber doesn't match my prestigious one sweetheart! Your face isn't even worthy to be spat upon!"

A storm of painful words started to echo in the air as they wildly rang inside my head, making it spin like a teetotum. As I recalled those harsh words, it became more and more difficult for me to breath in this open air.

"I was never yours Hooriyah, and never will be!"

I ran as fast as I could as I wasn't able to bear this anymore. My whole body was shaking with fear, disgust and depression. I hiccupped between my merciless cries while a waterfall of stingy tears prepared itself to escape through my red swollen eyes. My vision started to get blur as I entered the corridor which led to my room.
I started stumbling in my own tracks as if I didn't know how to walk. Streams of tears gushed down my eyes, wetting my already disheveled face as I ran towards my room.