18. Hallucinations

~Shahveer

~Shahveer

"May your nights turn out to be the worst sleepless nights of your life. May your dreams haunt you and make you cry for hours. May your nightmares overburden your soul with the same pain which you have gifted me tonight!"

I shifted my side again as those horrible voices started to grow louder and louder, ringing in my head like a bell, hitting me just like a hammer hits the nail. I tried to cover my ears with some more pillows as I shifted my side once again.

"May you madly and deeply fall in love with someone who would laugh at you just like you are laughing at me!"

Her red swollen eyes and tear stained face appeared once again in front of my eyes making goosebumps rise all over my body. She was crying mercilessly as her body trembled with anger and hatred. I tried to shut my eyes more tightly this time as a cloud of terror started to burst upon my body.

"I beg to my Lord, that may you crazily fall in love only to get the same and immense humiliation in return! May your heart bleed with the pain of rejection just like mine. May your soul get destroyed while searching the same love you are making fun of!"

The voices became extremely deafening, making my ears feel numb as I continued to shift my sides. Despite of -3°C outside, my forehead was covered with small beads of sweat as I stretched my neck with pain. The pain was spreading across my body like a venom. Instead of blood, a stream of terror was flowing inside my veins and arteries. A deadly throbbing sensation danced through my head as I squealed with impuissance and pain. I felt defeated, completely defeated.

As I clenched my fist and gritted my teeth with fear and anxiety, her face and her voice started to become more vivid.

"May Allah never guide you towards the path which is righteous. May you rot in hell, in this world and in the Hereafter!"

"NOOOOO!" I shouted at last.

"NO.....NO...NO!!!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

Suddenly her lips turned into a curve as she smiled on my disheveled state and her tear stained face started to glow with 'Noor' as she wiped her tears with her beautiful delicate hands. A bright white light appeared from her back as she slowly turned towards it.
.
.
.

She was leaving. She was finally leaving!
.
.
.

The light started to become brighter and brighter as she moved far from me, making my heart beat faster as I tried to cover my eyes due to that piercing light. She looked at me for the last time as a tiny drop of tear escaped through her eyes which were looking more magical than before, holding lots of complains, sorrows, torture and hopelessness.