31. You're All I Need

~Hooriyah

~Hooriyah

Burying yesterday's events under the soil of my heart, I tried my best to convince myself that it was merely a nightmare. His existence, his sudden arrival after all these years, his tears and painful pleads, everything! Considering everything as another miserable nightmare, I stopped thinking and giving a damn about his thoughts.

After all, I was habitual of having nightmares every now and then. Perhaps, this was also another one!

As I entered inside the school, ready to welcome a new hopeful morning with my lifelines, I started to sense something different in the air.

Layers of laughter, storm of innocent giggles and lots and lots of screams full of excitement.

I smiled joyfully as I heard numerous giggles and laughter from the other side of the school's garden.

My kids were playing and having fun, perhaps.

The only thing which could make me feel joyful was their laughter. And I could even die for their happiness. Curious to know that what made them laugh so madly and that too, so early in the morning, I slowly walked towards the garden which was beautifully blossoming with new flowers of the season, all of them planted by me and my students, something which I was fond of back in my house.

Out of all the flowers, hibiscus and white roses were my favorite. Chrysanthemum used to be my favorite too , but my love for them faded five years ago, so I stopped planting them after leaving my house.

Because, they were 'his' favorite !

Tiny dew drops sparkled upon the beautiful flamboyant petals of the flowers as if they were determined to make them look as gorgeous as a bride. The internal peace which I used to lack at night, would be magically restored in the morning whenever I ran my fingers through the soft and wet petals of these flowers. I was in love with them and it was the only thing which never changed in these five years, while every other thing did!

The giggles started becoming louder thus bringing me back to my senses. A huge grin danced across my lips as I walked towards a willow tree and decided to silently peep across the garden, in order to have a look at my munchkins.

What happened next was enough to snatch that smile and happiness from my face. The eyes which were once twinkling with joy, immediately started to burn with flames of resentment and fury.

"Now if you guys defeat me this time, I promise you all that I'm gonna take you to the movies!"

Everyone shouted excitedly and chirped with happiness as he prepared for his turn to do the batting and one of the boys juggled the ball in his hands.

The little boy tried his best to run professionally and swayed his arms just like a cricketer and then threw the ball towards the batsman.

Playing foolishly, the batsman tried to hit the ball as awfully as he could which ultimately ended up hitting the wicket instead of the bat.