-/21\-

Today was a gloomy day, dark clouds covered the sky and small water drops began to race down. Like beads of glass, the water flowed down the window of the classroom as Kokichi stared out thinking about Shuichi's attitude from yesterday.
The teacher continued to ramble on about the project and how each pair had to now spend a full on week with each other and live in each other's rooms and so on. Kokichi, was Shuichi's partner of course, so that had to be arranged and discussed today. As usual, for some strange reason, everyone was paired with their 'ideal' though, this could be Tsumugi's fault, being the principal's niece is definitely a perk.

"So... who's moving to who's room?" Kokichi asked quietly, not wanting to re-upset Shuichi like yesterday.
"I don't care." Three thoughtless words. But it was true, let it be him moving to Kokichi's room or vice versa.
"Ah- lets go to your room then-" the truth really was just, Kokichi wanted Shuichi to be comfortable, not awkward, so he figured Shuichi would rather be in his own room.
"..."
"..."
Silence engulfed the two, Kokichi sat still at his desk, fumbling with his hands and Shuichi staring out the window.

The bell eventually rang, but most of the class stayed inside due to the rainy cold weather of the current day. (The classrooms have heaters lol) the ultimates huddled in those assigned partners, the room filling up with joyous chatter.

Shuichi remained seated, he hadn't moved once since the class ended. Kokichi on the other hand, stood next to Shuichi's desk, the two still engulfed in silence, not really noticing anyone. Kokichi just stood next to the stone-faced Shuichi quiet, silent.
Kokichi decided to break the silence between the two. "Do you want to get lunch? Or something..." he mutters quietly.
"Wouldn't all the food be gone by now?" Shuichi says super quietly, drawing random scribbles onto his note-pad.
"No one has left to eat lunch... plus we have no more classes after this. So, uh- lunch?"
"I- ok." The response was blunt and short, you see, Shuichi really wasn't in the mood.

The chilly air greeted the two as they walked to the cafeteria silently, the air between them awkward. The cafeteria was nearly completely empty, you could just see Seiko eating with Ruruka feeding Sonosuke. There was also Keebo, for some reason with Nagito and Hajime.

The two lined up for their lunch, the air still and quiet.

kill me right here right now I'm not ok. I'm not ok.

"So... are we going to go sit down or are we going to wait and eat our cold food standing up?" Kokichi's voice jolted Shuichi out of his depressive thoughts, making him slightly jump and drop his fork. The fork hit the ground with a deafening ClaNK.
"Ah shoot sorry! imgonnapickthatuprightnowdontyoudaremove." Kokichi says as he places his food tray onto another table and picks up the fork, then getting another one from the cutlery station.
Shuichi glances at Kokichi and slowly takes the fork.
"Sorry- lets go sit?"
"Right."
The two found a place to sit, and began to eat their food in silence.

I'm really dying I'm so sorry for not updating in like a month I've been really tired and stuff along with lack of motivation and tests and assessments so there's that- I'm really really sorry, I'll try make the next chapter longerjfjsjg

Also happy birthday kokichi