Chapter Fourty Six

Nawal's POV

A sharp pain hit me from my lower back which made me to jolt in my sleep. I ran my hand over it as it disappear as if it wasn't there.

I sighed in relief, the pain has been disturbing me for quite sometimes now, I brush it off thinking is the pregnancy since is growing everyday, but I think I just have to complain the next time I go for anti natal.

I groan moving to check on the time, that's when I felt something holding me, preventing me from moving. Scared, I move slowly and turn on the bedside lamp.

"What the hell" I murmured when my eyes lands on the person. If my head is not playing tricks with me, he is supposed to be with his wife, not me. HIS other wife.

I watch him in dismay as he groan and open his eyes clearly because of the way am moving. He gaze at me with his sleepy eyes then remove his hands that's preventing me from moving, Then turn to the other side with his back facing me.

I scoff in disbelief, as I push strain of hair behind my ears. I don't even know what to ask him. Is just around 4:30am and I slept after 12, and by the looks of it he may not have slept in Farida's side at all.

I sighed again in worry. How do I make him understand that him, sleeping here means that I will only be criticize more. Everyone in this Palace knows that Farida and I have bad blood between us, he sleeping in my side when he is supposed to be by her side will only increase our animosity.

I slowly stood up and drag my legs to the toilet not wanting to start an ever ending argument with him in the middle of the night.

I was on my praying mat waiting for the Imam to start fajr prayers that's when my phone buzz. "Who could it be" I thought at the same time ignoring the call, whatever it is I'll check after prayers. But then the phone keep on buzzing. God save whoever that person is, cause if it is not important am not sure what I'll do to them.

I stood up and move to where it was on the night stand as Sunshine walk out of the toilet looking slightly annoyed. I didn't mind him, knowing he is just looking for small excuse to start shouting at someone. Now a days he behave just like a pregnant woman with a mode swings

To my utter surprised and disbelief, it was Mami's name flashing on the screen. I quickly pick up the call while saying my Salaam. "Where is Fahad" Mami asked with worried voice.

I turn and gaze at him, as he walk out of the closet, wearing his jalabiya. He really did put me in trouble, Mami calling to ask whether he is here and for that before fajr will only means something terrible most have happened.

"Um..He is here" I answered her simply as I felt a soft hands on mine, I didn't know when he came closer, I just saw him trying to collect the phone from me.

"Mami is me" he whispers turning to face the bed as I move back to the prayer mat. "I'll be there" That's what he said before he remove the phone from his ears.

"Is everything okay" I asked facing him.

He just shook his head while saying "Farida is in labour, they already took her to the hospital".

I nods my head also, that was precisely the reason I wanted him to be staying with her, at least in her days. She is due any moment, what she need the most is her loving husband.

"I'll go and pray then meet them there" Sunshine said while moving closer to me.

I nods my head again then said "Yeah, you should, I'll love to come but am sure I'll not be welcome there".

He just chuckles as he place a kiss on my cheeks then move and exit the room.

I inhaled deeply while praying that she delivers safe and sound.