Chapter 4: The Gift of Nezuko I

Between the three who had woken up, Nezuko was the first one to recover. After two days, Aoi allowed her to walk around the manor and do whatever she wanted.

Although she spent most of her time visiting Tanjiro and Zenitsu, she also helped Aoi in the kitchen. She was a great cook and apparently, her brother learned from her.

Because of that, Aoi turned to be more relaxed and casual.

However, there was a day that the girl ran frantically to her and yelled, "Aoi-san, help! Something bad is happening to me. I think it might be the side effect of Lady Tamayo's antidote."

Aoi was carrying a bouquet of flower that she received from a male Kakushi. "Calm down, Nezuko-san. Tell me the details slowly."

She pushed Aoi into a small room and lifted her kimono. "It started bleeding this morning. I don't know what to do. It's freaky."

Aoi exhaled in relief. She actually expected something unusual and she was afraid she wouldn't know how to treat it.

Aoi tugged on Nezuko's hand and asked her to follow. "Nezuko-san, what's happening to you is completely normal. I'll explain it to you. It might be hard to understand, but the whole concept centers around you being a woman now."

Nezuko's stomach churned, making her wince. Aoi continued, "I guess I can add it in my book that demons do not bleed."

Nezuko arched an eyebrow, confused with the whole thing, but she was glad that when it happened, Aoi was there to help. Once she understood everything Aoi knew about periods, she wondered what would happen if she was with Tanjiro and his friends.

As Nezuko tried to grasp that she turned into a woman, Aoi told her to get some rest. She was not yet used to the pain and discomfort.

Aoi began cooking alone again. She was used to have help from Nezuko, which made her a bit inattentive with the time.

She didn't realize that the sun was already straight up on her head, telling her that it was time for lunch. She was still cutting some carrots while humming a song.

All of a sudden, a head popped up from the window before her. "Ahh!" Aoi screamed.

Inosuke was amused. "HAHAHA! You should've seen your face, demon woman."

She dipped her hand in water and splashed his face in annoyance. "If I was a demon, you'd definitely be the first one I eat."

He stepped back and shook his head to get rid of the water.

Inosuke put his hands on his hips and began laughing wickedly. "HOHOHO! I'd like to see your head chopped off first. With my katana!"

He displayed two invisible swords in the air. Aoi still kept it under the floor of her bedchamber.

"Not if I can manipulate you with my Blood Demon Art."

A Kakushi passed by and whispered to himself, "Is this supposed to be a normal conversation between a girl and a boy?"

Aoi ignored Inosuke when she saw the Kakushi staring at her with a flummoxed face. She certainly didn't want to stir more suspicion. Since the incident in which he lifted her on his shoulder, people had been asking questions.

She turned her eyesight back on the cutting board. One hand was holding the carrots in place and the other was gripping the kitchen knife.

She didn't see Inosuke getting his body ready to jump until he hopped into the window and startled her.

"Pig assault!"

As he landed, with one hand still holding the knife, she screamed, "Do you want to get killed? Didn't I tell you to not use the window?"