Chapter 12: The Savior of Aoi III

"Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck," cursed Inosuke, unable to suppress his anger.

If Aoi had been there, she would've scolded him for having such a tongue.

If Aoi wasn't missing, she'd persuade him to calm down.

If nobody could confirm whether she was safe or not, Inosuke didn't want to chill.

He couldn't act like he wasn't worried.

Zenitsu was surprised with his limited profane vocabulary. "You're getting worse than Shinazugawa, Inosuke. Take a deep breath—"

Inosuke jumped from his spot to Zenitsu's face, glaring at the boy with spiteful intentions in his eyes. "Shut it, Hiromitsu."

He only commanded Zenitsu with two simple words, but he couldn't stop himself from shivering out of fear.

Inosuke had always been a boy with bad temperament, but this was the first time he had been acting too difficult.

Tanjiro agreed. "No, Zenitsu's right. You need to keep calm and think this through," he advised, hoping that Inosuke would've at least try to stop himself from swearing.

Even though Nezuko was practically grown up, he didn't like letting his sister listen to bad words, especially those from men.

"Tell me, Kentaro," Inosuke began and stomped to Tanjiro, head tilting in irritation, glaring at the sun breath user. "If I calm down, is she going to come back by herself? If I calm down, is she going to be safe? If I calm down, will people tell me what's going on with this town? IF I CALM DOWN, IS IT GOING TO SOLVE ANYTHING?!"

 "If I calm down, is she going to come back by herself? If I calm down, is she going to be safe? If I calm down, will people tell me what's going on with this town? IF I CALM DOWN, IS IT GOING TO SOLVE ANYTHING?!"

It was Nezuko's turn to speak. "And getting angry is not going to bring you anywhere too, Inosuke-san!"

Kanao sided with Nezuko. "Let's think about this for a while. Inosuke, the reason that you weren't aware about her presence before she had gone missing is because she wasn't surrounded by those of malicious intentions, right?"

"Yeah, it's because I'm too weak to protect her!"

"That's not true, Inosuke," Tanjiro protested.

"Tanjiro-san's right. It's not your fault at all. It only means that she went out on her own. Aoi is the one who decided to step out of the clothing store. This information can at least solve one part of the puzzle. If she was going somewhere, she must've wanted to see a pharmacist or an apothecary."

Inosuke's eyes lit up. Tanjiro's jaw dropped at Kanao's intelligence.

"So we have to find the location of this town's pharmacy!" shouted Inosuke. Despite his frustration, he was grateful for Kanao's interference.

Nezuko and Kanao held the Ubuyashiki sisters by hands. Aoi reminded them that if anything was about to happen, they should prioritize these girls' safety. They didn't want to violate her trust.