~13~

"Woojin you're finally here," Chan said sarcastically knowing Woojin probably went through a lot of trouble to get there.

"Only for you..and of course Jeonginnie," Woojin said turning to see Jeongin with worried eyes.

Chan laughed before he nudged Woojin towards Jeongin.

"Is our baby Jeonginnie okayyy," Woojin said hurrying over to Jeongin.

"Woojin hyungggg," Jeongin said getting up to give the older a hug. He hadn't seen Woojin in so long he'd missed his hugs.

"What's wrong Chan said you were crying did someone hurt you? Who?" Woojin said his protective side showing.

"It's not much...just...Hyunjin....he....doesn't want to be friends anymore..i..i think he...hates me..." Jeongin said trying not to cry again.

"What?" Both Chan and Woojin said in unison.

"Everything was weird until he just stopped talking to me? And then he said he didn't want it be friends because i'm annoying? Why did he say that Hyung? What did I do?" Jeongin broke down into tears again.

Chan and Woojin looked at each other before comforting Jeongin.

"I don't know why he would do that....maybe he's just going through something." Chan said.

"Did he really say that I swear i'm going to-" Woojin began but Chan cut him off.

"Not right now," Chan hushed Woojin.

"Hey how about me and Woojin make you something to eat and we can all hang out until you feel better?" Chan asked softly.

Jeongin nodded to which Chan quickly dragged Woojin to the kitchen.

"That Hyunjin he really thinks he can just say those things not to my Jeoginnie I will END him." Woojin whispered angrily.

"Baby calm down i'm sure it's just a misunderstanding...Hyunjins a nice person," Chan said rubbing Woojins shoulders.

"But you saw him right? He doesn't normally cry like that," Woojin continued.

"I know i'll talk to Hyunjin and figure out what's going on but for now we just need to be there for Jeongin." Chan replied smiling.

"Okay..." Woojin frowned.

"No pouting Mr.bear lets make some food," Chan said pecking Woojin again.

Woojin smiled his anger dissipating in seconds, "okayyy~"

They made food and all sat watching Jeongins choice of movie until late at night when Jeongin had to leave.

"Thanks Hyungs I feel a lot better, bye byeee!" Jeongin said hugging both of them before leaving.

Chan closed the door smiling satisfied that he helped the younger. When he turned he was met with Woojins lips immediately on his. Chan smiled into the kiss before kissing back. Woojin pulled away to take a breath, "you don't know how much effort it took for me to hold back."

"Of course I do. You forget i've seen that side of you plenty of times," Chan replied resting his arms around Woojins neck.

"And do you like that side of me?" Woojin questioned putting his arms on Chan's waist pulling him closer.

"Do you even have to ask?" Chan said pulling Woojin back into a kiss.

Even after everything they had been through they still managed to be so in love and nothing was going to change that.

Chan loved his bear and Woojin loved his kangaroo.

———

Hyunjin along the sidewalk in the dark he had been walking for awhile he didn't want to go home yet. He kept replaying everything he'd said to Jeongin.

"There you go Hyunjin you really are a jerk huh?" Hyunjin muttered to himself.

He'd made him cry he'd hurt him he'd lost his best friend. How could this day get worse?

Hyunjin finally made it back home and walked into his house to see his mom angrily standing there.

"Where were you? You were past curfew," Her voice was cold.

"I was just taking a walk..." Hyunjin replied.

"A walk? Is that it? I don't care how old you are now you are not to disobey me you understand?!" She yelled back.

"I understand..." Hyunjins voice was quiet.

"What?!" She yelled louder as if she didn't hear him.

"I understand," Hyunjin said louder yet shaky.

"Okay now go to your room," She said walking away, "That little brat."

As soon as Hyunjin entered he broke down into tears it was as if the last strand holding him together snapped. Hyunjin might've not showed it but he held a lot on his shoulders. Seeing that Jeongin could've been dragged into this mess was what made Hyunjin do what he did. Part of him regretted while the other part knew it was for that best. After all that's all Hyunjin wanted for Jeongin, the best.

———

The next morning class went by slowly with Hyunjin watching Pei and Jeongin talk while he sat quietly in the back. He wished he could go back in time but he kept telling himself things were better this way.

After class Hyunjin was going to lunch when someone pulled him into a classroom.

"Hyunjin we need to talk," Chan said a disappointed look in his eyes.

"About?..." Hyunjin replied but he pretty much knew what it was about.

"Why did you say that to Jeongin," Chan sat down and Hyunjin did too.

"I.......um.....because..." Hyunjin stuttered not sure what to say.

"Hyunjin just tell me what's going on," Chan said.

"Okay....he likes me I found this letter and I know he deserves better so I thought I would make him not like me?" Hyunjin blurted out.

"Hm...I get you trying to save him from a one sided love but did you have any idea how much you'd hurt him doing what you did?" Chan sighed.

"I.....I didn't want to hurt him...I just want him to move on so he can find someone better," Hyunjin said realizing how stupid he was.

"Hyunjin I think you know it's more than that...just give yourself a minute to think than go fix this. You really hurt him and if you still want to be friends you'd better hurry." Chan said before getting up and leaving.

Hyunjin sighed before lying his head on his hands. He'd really messed up this time.

Later that day at Hyunjins house

Hyunjin sat on his bed thinking about what to do. He remembered the letter and how he'd never actually read the whole thing. So Hyunjin quickly pulled the letter out of his drawer. As he read each word he felt his heart beat faster he finished the letter only to have the biggest realization of his life.

That day in class when he looked at Pei and Jeongin he felt weird because he didn't want Pei.

He wanted Jeongin.

Every moment Jeongin and Hyunjin spent together replayed through Hyunjins head and Hyunjin could finally see it. Just how much his heart beat. Just how different he felt with Jeongin than others.

"Crap I think I like him."