60

After a long day of training, Calix couldn't wait to get home. He knew that Kegan still had a few months left in his pregnancy, but it was torture leaving him alone.

The pack house was filled with parents collecting their pups, but Calix couldn't see Kegan anywhere in the room. He asked Astra, and she said that he'd been in his room with Oliver and Alex watching movies.

When Calix went in, he found the two pups but not his mate. "Have you two seen Luna Kegan?" he asked, pulling their eyes away from the screen as they stuff their mouths with cookies.

"Mhmm!" Oliver hummed, before speaking in a cookie-muffled voice. "He's in the bathroom, so you have to wait because he needs privacy!"

Calix smirked at the two and walked toward the bathroom anyway, opening the door.

Alex growled from behind him. "Alpha! That's rude! You have to knock on the door!" he cried, making Calix shut the door and knock on it.

"Who is it?" Kegan called through the door, the shower echoing in the bathroom.

"It's your mate," Calix responded. "Alex informed me that it's rude unless I knock. Can I come on?"

Kegan giggled from inside of the bathroom.
"Sure, love. Come on in," he said, making Calix turn and nod respectfully at the pups.

Oliver saluted him while Alex turned back to the television, his eyes glazing over in seconds.

Calix walked in the bathroom and gaped at his mate. There were no lights on, just candles, and it only made Kegan more beautiful. The light reflected his skin and the water running down it, over his baby bump and to the floor.

The sight made Calix eagerly strip down his clothes and rush into the shower, wrapping his arms around Kegan's back and running his fingers in tiny patterns over the bump of his stomach.

"Hey! You're stealing all of the water!" Kegan whined, since Calix was standing behind him and blocking most of the water from hitting him.

Calix hummed, too busy moving his lips along Kegan's neck and nipping on the skin. "There's two shower heads," he mumbled against Kegan's skin. "Turn on the other one."

Kegan scowled but obeyed, moving with difficulty to the other side of the shower so he could turn on the water. He rolled his eyes at Calix, who wouldn't let go of him and therefore created a weight on his back as he tried to shut on the water as quickly as possible.

"It's cold!" Kegan shrieked as the stream of frozen water hit his front, making him turn and cuddle into Calix. "You should be standing in front of me to protect me from the water!"

Calix scoffed. "Sorry, I don't see cold water as an immediate threat to my mate or my kids, so sorry," he said, but he moved so Kegan was standing in the stream of hot water and he was getting hit in the back with the slowly warming up stream. "What are you even doing in here? Aren't you supposed to be on bed rest?"

"Unless I'm bathing or using the bathroom!"

"Then why have you been up helping Astra all day? Kai told me that Astra was pretty scared to tell you to lie down because you've been increasingly aggressive when she tries to get you to lay down," Calix said, resting his chin on Kegan's shoulder.

Kegan scowled. "We're in the midst of a war! I need to know how to walk around should people need help!"

"Tell me why you've made all of the other pregnant Omegas lay down then? And not yourself?" Calix asked, raising an eyebrow when Kegan looked at the ground and refused to lift his head. "I know my dick is very captivating, but could you answer my question first?"