Chapter Five: "Woah, I'm not gay."

Question: Have you ever moved? If so, did you have to go to a new school? What was it like?

I've never moved. I've lived in the same house my whole 16 years of life.

Chapter Five: "Woah, I'm not gay."

"Have you made any friends yet?" Max asks as we walk out of class together.

I shake my head no as we start to walk to lunch.

My first four classes I have with Max, then we go to lunch, then I have one class with Max after lunch, and two more classes after that. Then I go home.

"Really?" He asks.

"Yeah," I reply, "I'm kinda shy."

"Oh. It's okay. You'll make friends."

We sit down at a table with Ryan, Kenzie, and another boy and girl already there. "I had two best friends back at home. Their names are Olivia and Riley. We all danced together."

"Oh, that's cool."

I quickly learn that the girl's name is Bella Williams and the boy's name is Jack Rivers.

"Um, what's good here for lunch?" I ask.

"Follow me, I'll show you where the food is. I'll give you some pointers," Kenzie tells me with a smile on her face.

I soon come back to the table with a salad and a bottle of water. Ryan gives me a look. "What?" I ask.

"A salad and water aren't going to be enough," He says, a smirk on his face.

"I'm not that hungry," I respond with a tight smile on my face.

"Okay, whatever you say," He sings.

I take a bite of my salad. "So, are you looking at any special sports or activities or clubs to do?" Kenzie asks.

"Actually yes. I'm a dancer. I want to try out for the dance team," I respond, a smile forming on my face.

Dancing is one of my favorite things to do, I'm just more of a singing person. I mean, I love dancing, I do, but if I had to choose between the two I would choose singing. I've been singing since I was three. I loved the feeling of telling a story through lyrics and sounds and going into a different world every time. My mom loves singing too which makes it even more special to me. Dancing was a whole other story. It's just a hobby, really. But I love it.

"That's awesome! I'm a dancer too! I'm already on the dance team. But we are hosting auditions for some more dancers this year. I'll tell you when we figure out the date. It should be soon," Kenzie says.

"That's great. Thanks," I reply, my mood lifting, "What do you guys do?" I ask everyone else.

"I run track. I'm pretty great if I must say so myself," Ryan informs me, smirking.

I roll my eyes.

I nudge Max on the side with my elbow. "How about you? What do you do?"

"Huh? Oh, I'm a swimmer." He says with a faraway look on his face.

What's up with him?

"Jack and Bella run track, too. That's how Ryan met them and we all became friends," Kenzie informs me.

"That's cool," I say, eating my salad.