3. Friend or Foe

"Jungkook... of all people..." you scoff, heading to school.
What am I going to say? What do I do? What sin is he...

You bite your lip as you stand outside the school gates.
After a few minutes of preparing yourself, you draw in a deep breath of air before striding in.

As soon as you've entered school you feel the eyes of other students on you. They must've heard about what happened yesterday.
Ignoring the whispers, you get to your classroom.

There he is, the boy you've always despised, sitting peacefully at his desk.
You rush to him and sit at the desk in front of him.

"Jungkook."

"Uh... hi?" He says, his gaze glued on you with a look in his eyes you can't quite decipher.

"I need to talk to you. Come with me."

Jungkook raises an eyebrow.
"...why?"

You roll your eyes and get up, grabbing his arm and dragging him out of the classroom and away from your whispering classmates.

"What's your problem?" Jungkook says, sharply pulling his arm out of your grasp when you get to the hallway. "Want me to soak your gym clothes again?" He smirks.

"Trust me, please." You say seriously. "Just come."
You begin walking down the hall and internally sigh with relief when you hear him follow behind you. After finding an empty classroom, you shuffle in and shut the door behind Jungkook.

"This is weird..." he starts but you shut him up.

"Listen. What I'm about to say sounds crazy. Scratch that, it is crazy."

"As crazy as your hair?"

"What wrong with my hair?" You whisper, taken aback slightly.

"If I was a bird, I'd nest in it."
Jungkook laughs.

"Just listen." You snap. "I'm not... normal. And neither are you."
Jungkook laughs louder.

"I know, I'm totally special."

"Dammit Jungkook your not listening." You yell, stepping closer to him.

"We're not human. We're from this planet called Orcus which is practically...hell... your parents were part of a council...they were one of the seven sins and so are you. I don't know which one..."

"Y/N, you're not making any sense, are you okay?" He asks, genuinely concerned.

You ignore his strange compassion and continue. "We have powers. I know mine but you probably haven't unlocked yours. We need to find six others, they're sins too-"

"Y/N stop. I'm leaving." He shakes his head condescendingly and walks away.

I need to make him believe me.

Without knowing what else to do, you thrust your arms out in front of you and fortunately, you manage to levitate his school tie with your mind. Jungkook comes to and abrupt stop and turns around.

"M-my tie... its floating?!" He gasps.
You tug the tie, making Jungkook swivel around and stumble towards you.

"Do you believe me now?"