Chapter 10 - Assessment (2)

"Hatake-san, you won't bring your book out today?"Akira asked with a smirk. He always saw Kakashi with his book Icha Icha book; even from the first time he picked Akira up, he still read that book. 

Kakashi saw the playfulness in Akira's tone."Nope. I want to save the best for later, especially since I'm going to fight you I need to concentrate."

"I'm flattered for that."Akira answered."Why don't you come at me then? We've been staring for a while."

Kakashi shook his head."Not with the seal in front of you."Kakashi noticed a glint of blue light in front of Akira which faded after a while. Apparently, when the fight started, Akira immediately placed a seal in front of him. He made it noticeable so people wouldn't be too suspicious of how great of him with the seals. 

"Then I'm going in."Akira said and dashed towards Kakashi. As he was dashing forward, he threw a kunai to Kakashi. Kakashi evaded beautifully and used water jutsu to Akira. Akira jumped back in surprise avoiding the jutsu aimed for his stomach. 

This time, Kakashi shot forward and quickly threw a punch aimed for Akira's head. However, with a smooth move, Akira duck and followed up with a swipe to Kakashi's leg. Kakashi jumped and aimed to kick Akira in the head again. Akira  evaded it by grabbing Kakashi's leg and threw it away. Kakashi quickly maneuvered in the air, aiming another kick at the arm that used to hold his leg. Akira cursed inwardly; he quickly made a hand seal and slammed his hand on the ground. "Mud style: Earth Wall." Aira said. A thick layer of earth rose from the ground, shielding Akira from Kakashi's kick. 

This little move from Akira surprised Kakashi. He didn't believe that Akira could use ninjutsu. Based on the report, it said that Akira was taught by a master who was also a traveler. However, it stopped only there. Kakashi then concluded that Akira had a great power in him and he could be either a great asset for Konoha or a threat. He made a checklist inside his head: 1st Akira knew ninjutsu, 2nd he was able to use fuuinjutsu (a seal user), 3rd he knew taijutsu. 

Well, let's see if he can overcome my genjutsu. Kakashi thought. 

Kakashi landed safely on the ground and in a hurry he made a hand seal that Akira knew well what the Copy-nin was going to do. In the same time, Akira also made a hand seal. 

Please work...Please work...Akira chanted like it was a magic word and ended his seals with a ram. He built up and focused his chakra until he felt a tingling feeling, then immediately released his jutsu with a loud,"Kai."Kakashi's genjutsu got shattered soon after. Akira was relieved that he could overcome it. He was weak with genjutsu so he was actually nervous in dealing with it. He then made a kage bunshin/a shadow clone to deal with Kakashi, while he hid himself away behind a nearby tree. 

Kakashi screened out the area trying to find the blonde man while fighting the shadow clone of Akira. Left, right, up, below; nowhere to be found. Akira had learned to hide his presence during his infiltration mission which he took a long time ago. That was why it was hard for Kakashi to locate him. After all the kage bunshin have been defeated, Akira came out from his hiding spot and lunged toward Kakashi holding a big shuriken. Kakashi blocked it, when suddenly the shuriken henge/changed into Akira. Akira then punched Kakashi in the face, but the Copy-nin managed to block it again. 

Both Akira and Kakashi jumped back trying to get a safe distance. Kakashi then realized that the last move Akira made was similar to the move Naruto made during the test. He wanted to think more about it but finally brushed it off as a mere coincidence.

Almost half an hour had gone since they spar, but both didn't show any sign of losing. The Hokage was presence and witnessed everything from the beginning. He specifically told them the rule that the assessment would not stop until he asked them to. Both of them were glancing at the Hokage, giving him a questioning look when to stop. However, Hiruzen didn't make any move.