Chapter 11 - Mission with Team 7

Having a sleepless night was a routine for Akira. His under eye bag became darker and darker. He looked lifeless and restless. As the sun started to rise, and the whole Konoha began their activities, Akira got up and went to take a shower. It was a normal thing to do for Akira. He had been told by Cat that the meeting with Hokage would be around 9am. Therefore, he had plenty of time to prepare breakfast both for Cat and himself. 

"Are you excited to have a mission?"Cat asked. He sat on the dining table and ate his breakfast. He was very comfortable around Akira now. His stoic and cold demeanor towards Akira had long gone; replaced with his friendly manner.

Akira only shrugged at Cat's questions. He stared at his dish in front of him feeling a bit nausea and decided to end his breakfast though he only took a bite. 

Cat looked at Akira in worry and asked,"What's wrong?"

"Nothing. Just don't feel any appetite. I'm going to have a short stroll before heading to the Hokage Tower."Akira said. He then tidied the breakfast and headed outside;followed by Cat. 

Akira was walking along the street and enjoying the scenery when suddenly he felt a familiar chakra approaching him. Akira moved backward abruptly dodging a hit which aimed at his head. His eyes scanned the person who was now standing in front of him, only to find a fairy tall woman with light brown eyes and black hair in a short, spiky, ponytail.  

"Nice dodge!"the kunoichi said. Her lips curved upward in amusement. "You must be the new guy who caught Hatake's interest."

"Anko! What are you doing?"Cat asked. He knew the kunoichi was famous for her quirks, but never did know it was this bad. 

"Ah, Yama-Cat! So you're the one who become his watcher."the kunoichi replied correcting her words after getting a fierce look from the ANBU.

Akira raised his eyebrows and looked at Cat gesturing him to explain what just happened.

Before Cat could say anything, the said kunoichi cut him off by introducing herself. "Hi, Mitarashi Anko. Call me Anko." She stranded her right hand asking for a handshake. Akira took her hand and introduced himself. 

"You looked awful, man. Did you never get any sleeps?"Anko asked bluntly. Her bluntness was one of her traits that she was proud of. 

Akira let out a small smile."Thank you for your compliment. May I know what business do you have with me, Anko-san?"

Anko grinned at that. "Well, I just heard that Kakashi got his ass beaten up when doing an assessment. So, it piqued my interest to find out who that person was."

"My ass was fine, thank you."Kakashi popped up out of nowhere looking bored with his book on his hand. 

Anko jumped back in surprise with the sudden appearance from the Copy-nin making her dropped her dango. She glared a dagger at Kakashi and screamed out loud. Kakashi turned a deaf ears at her; continue reading his book. Cat shook his head seeing the scene in front of him. It was early in the morning, but it was this loud. 

Joining them, a guy in green spandex leapt in as he was shouting about youth. He smiled freshly at Kakashi and greeted them."Kakashi! My youth rival! Why don't we train together so we can be full of youthness!"

"Did you say something?"Kakashi asked without looking at the guy in green spandex. 

"Now, now, my eternal rival. You should not have that lax attitude. You look OLD."the guy said. His eyebrows creased together as he looked at the Copy-nin. 

Hearing the word old, Kakashi finally glanced up from his book looking a bit irritated, but soon got back to his bored look. He looked at Guy disinterestedly."No thanks. Your word doesn't even make any sense. There is no youthness as a word."