Chapter 34

Brent's POV

Thursday~
Beep Beep!!
The pique sound coming from my alarm wakes me up from my slumber. I groan and sit up on the bed. My headache is no longer and I'm thankful. I get out of bed and walk to the bathroom. I have been carrying Phoebe to school for the past two days and she doesn't stop nagging me about the event that people dance or some shit what was it again?. I bet her 'boyfriend' is carrying. I roll my eyes at that thought and walk to the closet where I grab a pair of black jeans and a white shirt. I put them on and walk downstairs and out the door not bothering to greet anyone.

I hop into my car starting the ignition then I drive onto the residential road. The drive to Phoebe's house is a good ten minutes drive too damn calm but somewhat peaceful. I don't know. I park in her driveway and blow my horn to signal that I'm here. She opens the door and walk briskly to the passengers door and opens it plopping down beside me. She gives her dad who is now standing at the doorway a smile and looks over at me.
"Let's go" she says and I nod.

Phoebe's POV

"Let's go" I tell him and he nods in agreement. We remain silent for half of the drive until I broke it.
"Sooooo....." I say dragging the 'o'. He looks at me taking his eyes off of the road for a while cocking his eyebrow and looks back ahead.
"What?" He asks curiosity clear in his raspy voice.
"Don't get mad when I ask you this. Why don't you want to go to prom?" I ask biting my lips nervously.
"Because it doesn't make any sense and it's just a damn dance. People dance every day" he says rolling his eyes in annoyance.
"Live a little and come please" I say pouting. I know he likes when I do that.
"Stop that and my answer is no. Don't you have your boyfriend going with you?" He asks rolling his eyes. I can tell he doesn't like Mycheal. I open my mouth to defend him but I stop myself.
"He's not my boyfriend and I won't be going with him anymore more" I snap.
"Why not?" He asks. Look at who's being noisy now.
"Nothing. I'm just going alone and aren't you going with her" I ask; the question tasting bitter on my tongue.
"Fuck no" he disgustingly remarks scrunching his face. I chuckle at his sour face.

"So let's go together as friends" I say. Honestly I don't know why I want him to go so badly but I want him to have fun for once.
"No and that's final" he says driving in the school compound.
"Whatever. Thanks for the ride" I mumble getting out of the car and heading towards the school. The hallway's full with students blabbering and walking around. My anxiety for the past few days hasn't been in full effect and I find it intriguing. Well I haven't been under any stress lately I told my therapist and she says that it's great progress and if I continue going on like this I would be off the medication. I stop at my locker and take out my books for class. As I turn around to leave my day got worse.

"Didn't I warn you to stay away from him" she growl slamming me against the wall. I  bite my lips to control my anxiety that's resurfacing. Who does this bitch think she is? I ask myself. I swing her around in a quick motion and pin her against the wall. Her eyes went wide and so did mine. Did I just do that? 
"Now you listen hoe. You don't own shit and you certainly won't stop me from talking to my friend whether you threaten me or not. Besides I'm not even gonna fight over Brent it's not worth it. You should find someone who will care for you and-" she shove me off of her and I slide on my heel and catch my balance. Wait. I feel a hand wrap around my waist and I jump.
"You don't know shit bitch!" She shouts and stamps off.
"Here" a voice say and I turn around to see Mycheal with my books in his hand. Thank God no one's in the hallway. I take them from him and give him a thank you nod.
"Phoebe can we please talk I didn't meant to do it. I ju-" I cut him off.
"No;not right now" I say holding my hand up to silence him. He oblige and walks off. I sigh. I can't handle all this drama right now. I want to forgive him but not now.

"Good morning students"Mr.Webster says greeting us. I don't feel like answering anyone right now. I rest my head on the edge of the desk resting my book on my lap re-reading it for the hundredth time. A gentle touch on my arm makes my head shoot up.
"Please Phoebe we need to talk let me explain" Mycheal desperately begs. I sigh. I bite my bottom lip contemplating what I should say.
"Ok" I say giving up. I think it's time to hear him out. He gives me a small smile and I lay my head back on the edge of the desk. The anger I felt towards him has now vanished leaving me with I don't even know honestly. All I know is that I'm not angry anymore.