Chapter 43

Shit.
Shit.
Shit.
This can't be happening did Brent and I really sleep together?  I continuously wonder while picking up my pills. I walk over to my bathroom and stand over the toilet. I sigh. I look at the pills in my hand and back at the toilet. You can do this Phoebe. I pep talk myself,I empty all of my meds into the toilet and flush it. Relief washes over me finally thinking I did it.

I walk back into my room and I stop in my tracks. I stare at his jacket and take slow steps towards it as if it's going harm me. I take it up and bow my head to smell his signature scent. His scent invades my senses and I'm immediately taken to cloud nine. I hold it to my chest, the thought of Brent's body next mine sends heat waves through my body and I shiver. His touch always leaves my skin tingling.

"Phoebe" dad calls snapping me out of my trance. I fling the jacket back on the bed and walk downstairs.
"Yeah?" I ask.
"I'm going out with Nikki and Tom wanna come?" He ask twisting his car keys in his hand.
"No I'm good" I give him a smile. I have something that needs to be done today.

"Ok then take care and here.." he hands me his keys,I look at him in confusion he wouldn't want me to drive but that's only sometimes.
"You don't have to dad because Mrs.Sanchez told you to" I tell him, it's true.
"I know and besides it's not the first time you're going to drive my car" he sighs.

He dreads when I'm driving because that was how mom died. I made it affect me so long that I hardly wanted to go anywhere but school but this is that healing process and I have to.
"Ok" I take his keys and he exits the door I follow behind him and wave to Nikki and Tom. After they left I walk back inside, my phone buzzes at the same time and I look at the screen.

"Hey" I greet Bri.
"Hey" she sniffs. I'm immediately on alert.
"What happened to you?" I ask while walking upstairs upon entering my bedroom.
"It's Kyle....we had a fight" she sobs and my heart breaks for her. I haven't been paying much attention to her and her relationship because of my
own problems.

"Awwww what can I do?" I ask her.
"Can you come over please. You won't be seeing Brent he's gone" she tells me and I can't help but feel worried and relieved at the same time.

What if he comes back from where he went? What if he's coming here now for his jacket? What if.....
She cuts me from my chain of thoughts.
"Can you come?" She sounds desperate and I can't help but feel sorry for her.
"O-ok" I stutter.
"Thanks you're the best" she says hanging up. What have I gotten myself into?

————
Brent's POV

"I'm going" I tell Tye and the others.
"But you just arrived an hour ago" he remarks and I roll my eyes, I'm in Tye's house drinking and smoking with the guys. I have a habit of smoking now and I don't know why even though it's just one in the damn afternoon.

"One more drink" Dean presses and I glare at him. He looks wasted already with a bottle of tequila in his hand and a cigarette between his lips.
"Are you fucking deaf dick" I growl, I watch as he shifts in his seat while the others laugh.
"Alright man see you tonight" Tye says and I nod my head,as I'm walking out I hear them chatting.
"Fucking pussy" Dean exclaims.
"Scaredy-cat" Greg teases him while the others laugh.

I close the door behind me and get into my car. I can't get my mind off of the jacket I left at Phoebe's last night. Has she seen it? Of course she has. I roll my eyes at my idiocy. What if she's coming over to return it?
I tap my finger on the steering wheel thinking about what to do. I pull up in the driveway and come out of the car then enter into the house.

I only drank three shots of tequila but the smell is still stained on my breath. As I walk up to my room the sound of silent chatter catches my ears,rolling my eyes I keep walking and slam my door shut. Should I call her for my jacket? My thumb hover over the green button on my phone as I contemplate what to do. It's mine and I can go for my own jacket. I walk back out and open my sisters bedroom door.