Four

~Keith's POV~
I don't understand Earth school. The work is stuff I learned very early on in my Altean school years. And when I'd ask simple questions, most of the teachers would get mad.

Why do they keep threatening detention, are Earth teachers allowed to do that? Torture the kids? They use loud bells that hurt my ears, to tell the class when you leave one place and when you should be at another, it's awful.

But after the second class, which was even worse than the first, Lance says, "Great, time for lunch." Okay, at least I won't have to deal with another bad teacher.

As I follow him down the halls, a boy with brown hair stares at Lance and I and whispers to me, "Yea, follow your master like his little pet." I stop and glare at him.

"You wanna say that again?" I threaten.

"Well, you are. You follow him around everywhere. Before today, nobody except that freak knew you existed."

"Freak?" I ask angrily.

"Yea, you see what he looks like, he's a freak, thats why you stick with him. Two freaks in a pod."

I feel myself start to growl, "You are going to regret saying that."

~Lance's POV~
"I doubt it shorty," Griffin says to Keith. Keith is practically fuming, then I notice that bits of purple fur are appearing on his neck.

I grab his wrist and pull him into the nearest bathroom.

"Why'd you let him get away?" He asks.

"No fights allowed, and..." I whisper this part, "your fur started to appear."

"I forgot that happens when I get angry."

"Then don't get angry. You don't want to be given away, ignore them. I learned to, you think I didn't deal with bullies? Look at me."

"I don't see why you would get made fun of for that. Honestly I'd think they'd be bowing to you." I feel my face go red when he says that. After a second he does the same. He covers his face, "I'm sorry, you just look very similar to Altean royalty. My fault."

"Was that why you called that girl Princess?" I ask.

"You saw that?" He asks, and I nod. "Well, yes. She is the princess of Altea. Altean royalty always has white hair, and you humans look so similar to them, especially you, with your ears, that I thought of you all as Alteans for a minute."

"Oh...well your fur is gone, so lets go to lunch." He nods. I think for a second, "You know Pidge and Hunk, you met this morning?"

"Yes, I don't want that Pidge girl to find my ship."

"That's the thing. You can't ever change her mind. She's like not scared of anything or anyone. But I know and trust them. We can safely tell them about you, as well as my sister Veronica." I say.

"No, you can't know the way people react to things, I think its better if they don't know."

"Pidge will probably find out anyway. She is one of the smartest people I've ever met, from what I can tell, she's already onto you. It would be better if we tell her, Hunk and Veronica the truth. They won't tell anybody if I ask them not to."

He sighs heavily, "Fine, but remember, I can put your head on a platter."

"I know. Thank you for letting me tell them though. By the way, the princess is smoking hot." I smirk while he seems unamused.

We walk as fast as we can to the cafeteria. We go through the lunch line and get our food. Keith looks at it like its radioactive. "You don't get goo?" He asks me.

I shake my head, confused and we sit down at a table across from Hunk and Pidge. I greet them with, "Come to my house. I have something to tell you." I tell them.

"Is it about the crash?" Pidge asks and I nod. "Food can wait, that can't."

"Yea, I'm not eating this." Keith mutters.

"No, let me finish," Hunk says before continuing eating.

"Yea, I'm hungry. But if we still have time when we're finished I'll tell you then."

Pidge huffs angrily and sits down again.  Then something rings from Keith's jacket pocket. "I'll be right back, I have to take this." He says and bolts outside.

~Keith's POV~
I run outside and find a place where nobody is and I saw nobody even near me. I pick up my communicator and press allow.

Princess Allura pops up again. "Hello Princess," I say bowing slightly.

"I told you, no need to bow and you can just call me Allura. I will be piloting the ship you and the paladins will be on. Have you found anything on them?" She asks.

"No, I haven't found out who they are, and honestly almost gave myself away."

"Control your temper. Remember you are on a mission, please don't get into unnecessary trouble. I know you can do it, but you must prove yourself to a lot of species."

"Yes, I know pr-" she glares at me, "Allura, thank you."

"You mentioned a human who looks very much like an Altean before you were cutoff last time?"

"Yes, his name is Lance," when I say that her eyebrow scrunch up, "But he doesn't have any altean markings, he has pointed ears and white hair while most human don't, but he says it was a rare trait passed through his mother."

"What does his mother look like? It couldn't be..." She trails off.

"When I was at his house she had short brown hair, tanned skin, no markings, human ears. No signs of being altean."

Allura shakes her head, "I'm sorry I'm just imagining things, that wouldn't ever happen."

The loud bell rings, "I'm sorry Allura, I must be on my way. I'll see you when you arrive."

I turn off the communicator and try to find Lance in the swarm of people.