Five

~Lance's POV~
I wait outside the school with Keith, Hunk and Pidge until Veronica drives up with the car. We all pile into the car and she drives us back to our house.

I turn down the radio, "Okay, you guys know I trust the three of you." They murmur their agreements. "And I've got permission from Keith to tell you as long as you NEVER tell anybody else."

Pidge nods while Veronica and Hunk share a worried look. "You know that crash in the woods?"

"Well I was inside but I felt the ground shake a bit." Veronica says.

"Well that, that was Keith." Now Hunk and Veronica seem confused. We're at the house and she parks.

Pidge smirks and Hunk asks, "What are you talking about?"

"Lets go inside. Scarlet and Flynn aren't home yet." So we get inside. "Okay, show them Keith." He looks at me skeptically, "You'll be fine. Trust me."

We watch as his disguise is lowered. His mullet turns purple again the ears and fur reappear, his eyes become fully yellow. His ears pull back in fear when it's over.

"Keith," I turn to the other three, "I found him at the crash. He told me about an intergalactic war thats going to start soon, and he was sent to find three pilots for the most powerful weapon in the universe. He's Galra, but most galra are evil, he was raised with Alteans. Which he described as looking similar to me." I look at him,"Does that about cover it?" He nods.

Veronica still looks a bit confused, but Pidge smirks. "I knew you had to be hiding something. You're a bad liar Lance. Now Keith, can I see that calling thingy you have?" She holds out her hand.

"I programmed a drone and watched you holographically call some lady. May I see it?"

He hesitantly hands her a strange looking piece of metal and she examines it. Muttering things I don't understand about frequencies and stuff.

Hunk smiles and pats Keith on the back, "Great to know the real you. We'll accept anything, except mean people." His gaze floats to the yellow, green and blue bags behind Keith. "What're those?" He asks, beginning to reach for the yellow bag.

"You can't open them," Keith says. So Hunk pulls his hands away.

Pidge hands Keith back his phone thingy "I fixed it, you can change the volume of the audio now."

"Really?" He asks tilting his head.

"I told you she's a tech genius," I whisper to him.

"Now, take me to the crash." She says.

"I think I'll kinda stay out of this one," Veronica says.

I nod to her and take Hunk, Pidge and Keith back to the ship I found Keith in.

"This is the highest tech I've seen!" Pidge practically squeals with a twinkle in her eye.

"It would be cooler if it was able to fly. But it can't, and an Altean ship will be here to get me within a week. But, my broken energy locator to help find the other paladins is broken. All I know is that at least one of them is on Earth."

"What is this thing, maybe I can fix it for you." Pidge says.

Keith grabs a small gadget with a monitor and hands it to her. "I doubt it, we only had one person who knew how it works, they've disappeared."

She examines it, "I can probably fix it, but it will take a couple days."

"Okay. I appreciate it." Keith says. His communicator rings he takes it out and presses a button. The device floats and a screen like thing pops up, but instead of the girl he said was a Princess, there's a Galra.

The Galra looks bigger than Keith, and his hair is shorter with a white streak in the middle of it. His right arm is made of metal.

He tenses when he sees Pidge and Hunk on the right of Keith. But he tilts his head when he looks to Keith's left and sees me.

"Keith," he says.

"Yes Shiro?"

"Why do you have two humans and an Altean with you?" He asks sternly.

"Don't worry, this is Lance he's a human that found me when I crashed, he and his friends here have been helping me. They have been nothing but kind," he glances at me, when I smirk he adds, "and a bit annoying."

"Hey!" I say loudly.

"Very strange for a human to look like that." Shiro comments.

"Traits passed down from my mother." I say, getting tired of me being made fun of.

"Is your mother there?" He asks me through the screen.

Hunk comes to my side and puts his hand on my shoulder for comfort. I try to swallow the knot in my throat, my voice shakes a bit as I answer, "No, they've been dead since I was little."

When I say this Keith looks at me confused, his ears perked up, head tilted. "I'm sorry to hear that," Shiro says then looks back at Keith, "But you know you shouldn't show yourself to any humans except the paladins you pick up."

"My energy locator is broken, Pidge says she can fix it in a couple earth days." Keith says smiling.

"Keith, you do know the person who made that was the-"

Keith cuts him off, "Yes, I do. So it would prove who she is, and help my job."

Pidge looks up from the locator at the two Galra. She shrugs and continues examining the locator.

"Glad I checked in on you, love you. I'll talk to you later."

"Love you too. See you whenever."

The screen goes away and Keith puts the communicator back in his jacket pocket.

"Are you and him together?" Hunk asks Keith.

"Together?"

"You know, like dating, married-"

Keiths ears pull back, "No, no, no he's my brother!"

"Oh, sorry." Hunk says.

Keith turns to me, "I saw your parents yesterday, what do you mean dead?"

I sigh sadly, "Scarlet and Flynn aren't my parents and Veronica's not my biological sister. I was adopted into this family. I don't even own anything of my parents except my necklace and a picture." 

I perk up, "But Scarlet will be home soon, so you better change back." I say.

He does and we all go back in my house.