Ten

This is the last chapter of this book, I will be making a sequel though :D
~~~~~
I glance over at Keith who's acting as if this happens every day for him. Hunk and Pidge look as amazed with the ship as I am.

Shiro walks down a hall, "This is where the bedrooms are, you'll choose which room you want, but they're all the same size."

We walk into a large room with a long couch and a table in the middle of it. Which Shiro says is the living room. Then we walk into the largest room yet, the red haired man is whispering to a woman who's not facing us, but she has long wavy white hair.

"This is the control room. Each paladin has a small panel," he points around the room at the five desks labeled by color. "But Allura has the main panel in the middle of the room, nobody except her can fly it."

The red haired man faces us, but keeps looking back at me. Then the woman turns around. She doesn't give the others more than a glance. She sees me and walks up to me.

She looks at my crystal necklace and back up at me. She's shorter than me by a couple inches but the way she stares at me is intimidating. She tilts her head looking at me, "Lance? Is it really you?"

I glance over at Hunk and Pidge who look even more confused than me. She puts her hands out and cups my face in them.

Suddenly my mind rushes and I'm seeing a faint scene with the same six year old I was reaching out for holding me in her arms.

My mind rushes back to the ship and the girl, who I figure to be Allura holding me in a tight embrace. I have no idea what happened but she's sobbing into my shoulder.

I hesitantly hug her back, "It's really you," she chokes through tears.

I look at Keith who's talking to Shiro beside him but staring at Allura and I smiling. The red haired man is watching us fondly from the corner of the room.

She pulls away and looks at me, "Is mother here?" She asks me.

"No, some people broke into our house when I was a baby and a man was killed and she was never seen again. Presumed dead." I hate those words. I've heard them so much, from family to family, school to school.

She cries even harder, but tries to wipe away the tears with her arms. When she's almost calm again I start, "So I only got the run down last night. I basically got that I was an Altean baby from the royal family going to this place to get a name?"

I pause and she nods her head confirming that. "The crystal grove."

"Right, and something happened and my mother and I was separated from my father and my sister, who is you?" I point at her and she nods again.

"I didn't believe it, so either this is a really mean prank, or it's true."

The red haired man steps forewords, "I can confirm that it's true, Prince Lance," I shift uncomfortably when he says prince. "I am Coran, I was the only person outside the royal family on that ship. He points at the necklace and I grab it instinctively, "that is a royal necklace that has been passed down for generations, the Queen was the last one who had it. There is no other like it." He says.

"Father will be ecstatic when he finds out. We must go back to Altea soon." Allura says.

"Allura, I'm sorry, but I must remind you about Voltron." Shiro says behind her.

This time she faces Hunk and Pidge, "Hello, I'm Hunk," he says friendly and bows.

She laughs a little, "No need for bowing."

"Pidge." She says less coldly than she does to most people when she first meets them.

"Pleasure to make your acquaintance." Allura says smiling at the both of them, her eyes still puffy from crying.

"Allura, sorry to interrupt again, but some humans have found the ship. They're banging on the walls." Shiro says looking at a large monitor in the front of the room.

Allura rolls her eyes and steps onto the platform, a blue screen like film seems to surround her. She taps a couple things and the ship shakes as it starts taking off.

"Princess, may I suggest training the paladins and strengthening their bond before we head to Altea?" Coran says.

She sighs but nods, "You're right. The Galra would be more likely to attack if they knew all the paladins were there with minimal training."

She steps off the platform and we seem to be floating in a way. "Paladins here are your bayards." She says handing Hunk, Pidge and me a disk like thing with a handle.

Mine becomes a gun as Hunks becomes a shoulder cannon. Pidge's seems to do almost nothing, "Aw, your's is so cute," I tease.

She puts it against my leg, which sends painful shocks all through my leg making me fall to the ground. "You're right, cute." She says snarkily and Allura chuckles.

"You will need to learn how to use your weapons to be able to fight. Keith and Shiro already have that step covered. But, the hard part is being mentally connected and open with one another. So for a while we will have daily team building." She says.

"How are we supposed to learn how to use these?" Pidge asks holding up her bayard.

"Training room, Keith can show you it. But you'll also have to learn to pilot your lions. Once again I think Shiro and Keith are prepared, while you three aren't."

"But, I'm sure you need time to think about everything, so you may walk around."
~~~~~~~~
This is the last chapter but book two is coming, promise. There'll be more Klance interactions ;)