Eight

~Lance's POV~
I see my mother, she's beside a man and a girl who looks to be about six. I see them often in my dreams, they all have pointed ears, sun kissed skin, white hair and lines under their eyes. My mothers and the girls are light pink while the mans are green, mine are blue. They are wearing strange fancy clothes, I look down and see myself wearing similar clothes.

I run towards them, I hug them all but as soon as I do, something pulls me away from them. They all turn away from me and walk away. I scream out for them, no answer.

~Keith's POV~
I look at Lance beside me. He's asleep but his face looks pained, he moves around and mumbles, "Mom, please. Come back, mom."

I can't watch this without doing anything. I pull him in and hold him close. He stops moving around, and wraps his arms around me too. He starts to cry into my shoulder.

Not knowing what else to do, I rub his back comfortingly.

After a couple minutes of this he stops sobbing and says quietly, "Keith."

"Yes?" I whisper back.

"Thank you." He hugs me tighter.

I smile and close my eyes. My heart pounding in my chest.

He pulls away and smiles at me. I return the smile, but stop when I see the blue Altean marks under his eyes. I reach out and rub the marks to see if they'll rub away.

They don't, "Keith?" Lance asks.

"The marks," I mumble.

He covers his cheeks with his hands. "Those, I hate them, I always try to cover them up. The foundation must have washed away, I'll cover them back up again."

He starts to get up, "No, please don't." He looks back at me, "Those-those are Altean markings. Lance, I don't think you're human."

He looks at me like I'm crazy, "I am, I even have a picture of my parents holding me."

"May I see the picture?" I ask. His eyebrows furrow, but then his expression softens and he opens a drawer beside the mirror.

He pulls out the picture and hands it to me, "Please be careful, thats the only picture I have of them."

I look at the woman, I recognize her immediately. "Lance, that woman."

"My mother," he says.

I look up at him, "She was the queen of Altea."

He shakes his head, "No, she couldn't be, if she was I would be there too."

"Not precisely. The royal family, her, the king, princess Allura, and the newborn prince. They were going to the crystal grove, where they take all Altean royalty after being born, they were going there to be gifted with his name. On their way back their ship was attacked, they got separated. The king and princess returned home. Nobody ever saw the queen or prince again, the royal family never even said his name to the public."

He starts crying again and sits on the floor, shaking his head. "No, no. That can't be me. It just can't." He covers his face with his hands.

"Please, don't cover up the marks." I say softly.

He looks up at me, tears still slowly rolling down his cheeks. He nods, wipes his eyes and lays back down on the bed.

We soon both fall asleep once again.
~~~~~~~~
The next chapter will be the last one of this book, I will be creating another. If you want to read it.