Prologue

For as long as I can remember, I have always been an outcast. I never fit in anywhere, with anyone. 

Girls hated me and boys always kept their distance. At first, it bothered me. Why was I so different? Why did no one want to spend time with me? I grew up alone, with no friends, nobody... Except for my mother. She reassured me, always supported me when I felt useless, unwanted, hated. She told me that one day, things would change. Back then, I had no idea what she meant. I was a loner and after years of living in denial, I grew accustomed to that. I thought I would be alone forever, that I would never find anyone... But then I met HIM.

Alexander Shione.

He was the love of my life. The one I wanted to grow old with. The first time I saw him was when I was sixteen and I was in my favorite place on the world. I remember absolutely everything from that day. 

It was 2 PM and I was in the cherry blossom gardens, sipping on a smoothie that I remember had a little blue and white umbrella sticking from it. The cold taste of vanilla felt amazing on my tongue, especially in the hot summer days of Japan.

I was looking at my phone, scrolling through social media. Photo after photo was girls in their little groups, taking selfies and posting them with hashtags. I couldn't stand it. I know I said that I got used to being alone but that didn't mean I never got jealous. I never even knew what it was about me that repulsed all the other teenagers my age.

I put away my phone in disgust and leaned my shoulder on the table, pinching the straw between my fingers and taking another sip from my smoothie. I heard clamoring in the distance, some plates crashed and a man yelled in anger.

Instinctively, I looked up and that's when I saw him.

He was with some other men, who were arguing with the manager of a little store, right outside the cherry blossom gardens. The whole thing was happening quite far from where I was sitting, so I didn't hear what they were saying, but I saw everything.

The boy, the youngest from the group and certainly the most handsome man on the planet sighed and bent over to pick up the broken dishes on the floor. He was tall, probably two heads taller than me... I was going to figure out all the details about him and his life in the months to follow. His jawline was perfectly shaped and his cheekbones quite visible, but not enough to make his gorgeous face look repulsively skinny. He wore a simple black shirt, black leather jacket, and black jeans, his clothing covering most of his skin. Still, I could see his muscles pressing against the tight jacket and bringing out his amazing form. His raven black hair probably hadn't been cut for some time, because even though he tried to brush it back, some strands escaped and covered his forehead and icy blue eyes.

I wasn't at all focusing on the argument, only on the godlike man just a dozen meters from me. Suddenly, his hand slipped and he cut himself on the glass. I gasped and wanted to get up to help him, but I couldn't move. I was frozen on the spot, my hand still glued to my smoothie. I hadn't even realized my mouth was agape and I was staring. And even if I had realized, I wouldn't have cared.

Suddenly, no one else mattered. I wanted him. No, I needed him. And I was going to do anything for him.

I stalk- I followed my Senpai for a year, figuring out every little detail about him from his dentist appointments to his favorite animal. So many times, I thought about introducing myself to him but then I immediately got anxious, my chest closed up and I could barely breathe from how nervous the very thought of that made me.

So, I didn't introduce myself to him.

Whenever he got in trouble, I made sure no one could hurt him. And if I absolutely couldn't show my face and something bad happened to Senpai because of another person, I got rid of them. Sometimes quickly if it was nothing major, like bumping into him on the street and not bothering to apologize. But sometimes slowly, like when they dared insult him or even push him, much less hit him.

I was extremely successful with all my killings and the police didn't have a single clue. When I told my mother about him, she was overjoyed. She revealed to me that she was just like me and that my father was also her Senpai. They got together and now love each other dearly and that made me happy. I wanted my relationship with my darling to be the same.

One thing I forgot to mention - he's in a yakuza. Because of that, he tended to get in trouble more than a regular teenager his age, he was a year older than me. I had much more work because of that but I didn't care at all. It was all worth it for him.

I even made a friend, Nala Cho. She was also just like me and my mother. We hit it off immediately and were closer than any other two friends on the planet. We talked together about our murders, about our Senpais and sometimes about ourselves. We helped each other, too. I began to love my life, my family, my Senpai, and Nala, my only friend.

My name is Sakura Maisonna.

And I'm, what you call, a yandere.