S1 - Chapter 2

SAKURA'S POV

I sat on a chair in my basement, my fingers knitted together, and my chin resting on them. In front of me was a small metal table, that I was leaning my elbows on.

Despite Nala's soothing words, I was still extremely anxious.

My gaze was trained on the boy in front of me, my Senpai, the person I wanted to spend my whole life with and protect, no matter at what costs. I'd gotten my hands dirty for him dozens of times, but I never felt any kind of remorse for my victims. Every life I took was to protect him from the cruel world that didn't want us to be together. But I was never one to follow the rules.

Alex was chained to a chair a few meters from the table I was sitting at. His wrists were strapped to the armrests, his ankles to the legs of the chair, and his waist and chest to the backrest. A blindfold covered his eyes. I wasn't paranoid - I was just taking precautions.

I knew Alex well enough. His strength was admirable, he could lift up to one hundred fifty kilograms.

While I examined him, he was still asleep. I could tell by his stable breathing, relaxed muscles, and how his head was slightly hanging to the side. I'd been watching him ever since Nala and I arrived at my house and she dropped me off. The entire time, he never did anything to prove he might have woken up at some point and was now only faking being asleep.

I sighed. I'd checked his pulse and temperature about a thousand times and he seemed alright. He wasn't hurt or sick, so what was taking so long? I glanced at my watch. It'd only been two and a half hours, but to me, it felt like days.

Suddenly, I heard a groan and my head shot up.

Alex was slowly waking up. He slightly shook his head, then carefully began to squirm around in the bindings.

I jumped up, covering my mouth to keep from squealing.

Oh god. Oh god oh god oh god! He was waking up! This was it! I had no idea how to act, what to do, what to say... It was all still so hard to believe. The boy I'd been following around for a year, wishing he'd be with me and dreaming about it every day was now in my house. In my house! And I could come as close to him as I wanted! This was the first time he was going to see my face, hear my voice!

I kept covering my mouth, extremely grateful I'd blindfolded him. He wasn't gagged though, he could still speak.

Alex cleared his throat, straightening up and leaning his back into the chair. I carefully walked around the table and came closer to him. I kept debating what to say... What if I spoke and my voice broke? That would be so embarrassing!

"Who is this?" Alex demanded. His voice was deep, even a little cold but he sounded different than normal. He was... not scared, more like hesitant. I reached out and his cheeks suddenly tensed, as if he were expecting a punch or a slap to the face. I frowned at that, hating that there were people he probably knew who would do that to him. All the anxiety and nervousness suddenly left my body, and it felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. I could be me again and I didn't even realize how internally relieved I was.

"Shhh." I purred, bringing a hand to his cheek. He jolted in surprise but didn't pull away. "There's no need to be scared, Alex." I leaned forward, placing my hand on his own in a reassuring way. His muscles tensed and he might have pulled away if his wrists weren't strapped down.

"Who... is this...?" He repeated, but this time not in the same dangerous, almost threatening way as before. He sounded hesitant, curious, and a little worried, almost frightened. I caressed his cheek, admiring how soft his skin was. I wasn't too surprised but still, this was the first time I'd ever touched him, if one didn't count when Nala and I stuffed him in the trunk of her car.

"Don't worry about that for now." I said and pulled away, while he quietly sighed in relief. "I'll bring you some food, it's six in the morning and I'm sure you're hungry. Or would you like to rest and eat later?" I placed my hands on my hips, tilting my head to the side as I waited for him to answer.

"... I'm not hungry yet, thanks." He replied after a moment. I shrugged and ran my fingers through his dark hair. "Suit yourself, I'm gonna go get a snack. Sure you don't want anything?"

"No."

"Alright. Be right back, don't go anywhere!"

I chuckled as I skipped away, opening the door leading from the basement, then locking it behind me before I left.

I went to the kitchen and grabbed a Snickers bar. This was easy - what had I been so worried about?