S1 - Chapter 8

ALEXANDER'S POV

Sakura swung an axe over her back, strapped two Glocks to her thighs, and placed about a dozen throwing knives and regular daggers into pouches on her belt. She swung a coat over herself, that covered all the weapons and moved aside, letting me pick something out.

"Go ahead." She urged, but I didn't need telling twice. I wasn't too surprised she had all the regular weapons I used on missions - I could swear she even had a gun I thought I'd lost months ago in that gigantic closet.

I strapped a rifle to my back, grabbed a Glock as well, and tucked a long curved knife behind my belt. "That's all?" Sakura asked, her brows raised in surprise. "Normally, you take at least one throwing knife with you on missions..."

"This is all I need, trust me." I informed her, planting a light kiss on her forehead. "When I take too many weapons, it slows me down." Sakura shrugged, blushing lightly.

"Well, no time for flirting!" She lectured me, but I could tell it was hard for her to say. "Whatever you say, Boss~" I purred and she rolled her eyes, a low growl emitting from the back of her throat.

She tossed me a coat as well, that I threw over my back, hiding the rifle. "You don't have a problem with killing corrupt cops, right?" She asked, a hint of sadism and danger in her tone. "Of course not." I frowned, following her out the main door and sitting in the co-driver's seat of the car.

Sakura pulled out of the driveway and headed towards the police department, where her friend wanted to meet. I couldn't help but wonder what this Nala was like and if Eiji would be as accepting as I had been... I wondered if Sakura was like a "regular" yandere. She was so quick to trust me and even though that was good for me, I wouldn't be nearly as daring in her shoes.

"Sakura?"

"Yes?"

"How long have you and Nala known each other?"

Sakura brushed a strand of pink-red hair from her face, thinking. "Well, we met around the same time I first saw you, so also for about a year. We're really close if that's what you're asking."

"Alright." I responded, leaning on the door.

"Why so curious?" Sakura giggled, reaching over to pat my thigh. "If you're worried about Nala, don't be!" She grew serious again, keeping her gaze trained on the road. "I trust her with my life and if it's the mission you're worried about-"

"Sakura, I'm not worried!" I reassured her and I wasn't lying. "I'm just curious, all right? I've never been out on the field with-"

"Anyone else than your regular team." Sakura finished for me, a small smile on her face. I nodded, gripping her hand. "Yes. So, I just wanted to know something about Nala and her... love interest before the mission."

"She has a plan." Sakura explained, "She didn't tell me over the phone but she sounded pretty confident. And if I've learned something from being friends with this mysterious Cheshire Cat, it's don't underestimate her. And certainly don't get on her bad side."

"Damn, I'm glad you and Nala are friends then." I chuckled. For some reason, I couldn't really take Sakura seriously. She described Nala to be some kind of killing machine, but I wanted to know what she was like out on the field. I wasn't nervous or scared - I was just curious, I didn't lie to Sakura about that.

But something told me this mission was going to take some kind of unexpected turn and I had no idea whether to trust my gut or to just shake it off as a weird feeling. I admired how trusting Sakura was. She was already fine with me having a gun and joining her in the field. Was it because she was positive I could protect myself? Or because she was absolutely sure she could keep watch over me the whole time?

I'd figure that out later... Now was the time to prepare for a showdown.