Chapter 1

Phoebe POV

I could feel its presence from behind me.

I tried walking faster, but I could feel it slowly pacing near me. Drawing closer to where I stood.

I tilt my head towards the park on the other side of the road, sneakily moving my eyes to the side and trying to catch a glimpse of the vampire walking behind me, moving closer, fastening its pace and catching up. I snuck a peak behind me, making out the vampire's figure.

I could tell it was a boy. He wore dark black jeans with a black hoodie hiding his hair with its hood. Parts of his hair fall from the front of the hood, lowing down dark blue strands of hair onto his eyes. One second I see him. But then the next, I don't.

I stop in my tracks, turning around to see him disappear.

"What the heck." I mumble under my breath, watching as the air escapes my lips slowly turning icy and cold. I turn back around to start going back to the pack house where it's safe but I realise, he's right in front of me. My breath catches in my throat as I let out a gasp. His dark blue hair hung low just like I'd seen a while ago. He had these dark blue eyes that looked like the ocean. Yet it was mesmerising. His lips were tinted pink and his grin grew wide as he smirked. "Never seen something so beautiful, I see?" He taunts. His mouth opens wide and lets his fangs show, crisp white and sharp. He grips his hands on my wrist, holding them tight, bruising them.

I fight back and start shaking him off me. "Make one sound and I'll bite you right here, right now." He threatens. I try to wriggle out of his grip, fighting back. "Don't touch me!" I yell.

He laughs but only grips harder, digging his fingers into my wrist. The pain shoots from my hand to my eyes, stinging them with tears. "You smell nice. I'm aching to taste you." He says, slowly opening his mouth again and showing off his fangs. "I said, get off me!" I try fighting back, pulling my hands and dragging him with me. I feel my necklace come out from underneath my shirt as his gaze moves towards it. His grin only grows wider. "So you're a werewolf. But not just any werewolf, you're a princess." He smirks, proudness in his voice.

I back off, giving myself enough space between me and him before bringing my leg up and letting it hit the side of his face, tilting it to my left.

He's shocked for a second and doesn't move. He stares out into the distance on the right, his head not moving. It takes him a moment to register my actions but when he does, he simply just opens his mouth, stretches his jaw and brings his hand up to his it, drawing his fingers against the cut my shoe gave him. He brings his hand down, examining the blood on his fingers as he smudges it with his thumb.

"Yeah, I am. And I can get an army of werewolves coming here right now if you don't let me go. You do not know who you are messing with." I threaten, bringing my face closer to his, challenging him. He doesn't budge, only lets his gaze look at me up and down before coming back to my eyes. "Oh but, you don't know who you're messing with either." His grip tightens again, bringing the pain back to my wrists. I hang my head back, closing my eyes from the pain he's bringing me. But then I couldn't feel it anymore.. I open my eyes and look around. He'd gone.

'What the heck?' I think.

Then I could feel his hot breath on the back of my neck.

"Peek-a-boo." He whispers, seductively. He turns me around from my waist but then pulls them off and grips my wrists, stopping me from fighting him.

He brings his head lower towards my neck. I can feel his breath tickle my skin.

His teeth graze my skin just slightly. 'This is it.' I thought to myself. 'I'm gonna die.'