Chapter 26

Chase POV

52 hours ago

Sitting on a rusty chair that pokes into my thighs, I observe from the opposite side. Instead of the metal bars displayed on most cells, these ones are captivated under a thick glass, unbreakable, untouchable. No magic. No spells. Only one person. I thought about getting someone watching over Felix, but I thought better. His powers are standard but there was something other than a werewolf hidden in beneath him. So instead of someone from the royal court coming down to interview him, I've come myself. For the royal court have never seen anything like him. And it'll be too much for their peasant eyes.

When I came down here, I expected Felix to be leaning against the wall with his right leg folded upwards, leaning his foot on the wall itself. He'd be tossing a coin or some sort of object to entertain his hand and he'd wear that mischievous smirk and grin up at you, stupidly. But I was wrong. Felix was the complete opposite. And different.

His hair was dirty blonde and messy. The last time I'd seen him, there was a strange grey and fuchsia pink undertone to it and it was styled upwards, making him look engulfed in power and wickedness. His cheeks were more filled in, no sharp cheekbones that jumped out of his face and tore through his skin. His eyes were a lot smaller and round, like Phoebe's. They weren't viciously black and grimful. No. He almost looked childish. And his posture was strange, cross legged on the floor with his hands behind him, leaning back and staring up into the ceiling.

He wasn't a monster.

When he saw me, he immediately stood up. His face hardened a bit and his jaw twitched. I could almost hear the clocks twining and turning in his head. I re-positioned myself in my seat and leaned back against the headrest then immediately detaching myself from it. The chair was old and rusty, uncomfortable to be seated in. So I leaned forward, crossing my hands over my knees and looking directly into his eyes. If someone were to walk into this room, it would almost look as if I were the villain. I was dark, stern and strict looking. While Felix looked like a teenage boy. Lost and confused. "Hello, Felix." I say in a calm yet cold tone. He nods and returns, "Hey." But his tone is uncertain.

"You look perplexed." I comment, standing up from my seat and instead matching his posture by sitting down cross legged on the floor in front of me. "Oh I am. And very uncomfortable. I mean, you are the ones who killed my family." He responds, harshly. I chuckle. "Now that was the past buddy. And that wasn't us vampires. That was the devil himself." I tell him, but I don't need to explain any more. He nods and leans back in his posture. "Now tell me Felix, do you remember anything that happened before you passed out?" I ask him.

He clears his throat and looks down at his hands which he'd brought back to his lap. "I remember a lot of things." I hear him murmur. When he looks back up, his eyes are red and I can see his lip quivering. "I remember standing there and watching you kill my sister." He chokes. His teeth grip the side of his mouth, preventing him from sobbing. "And now I'm here. Kicking myself that I wasn't strong enough to stop it all before. I'm so weak." He mutters, more talking to himself than me. My eyebrows furrowed together, forming lines across my forehead. "Before what?" I ask, timidly. He then looks back up at me and replies in a dark tone that makes every nerve in my body shoot right up, sending circuit waves up to my brain. "Before that darkness of a bitch took over me."

════ *.·:·. ☽ ✧ ✦ ✧ ☾ .·:·.* ════

"It started when I was at an important dinner with the folks. Phoebe was meant to be out with Lupus so I could attend. When I got there though, I passed out from this unbearing pain that washed over me. It was like something was eating over my brain and taking control of it. When I got my senses back, I was standing in the rain near the Wolf River, watching your car as you took Phoebe back to your palace." He explains. That was the night I found Phoebe abused by that horrid werewolf. At the moment he tells me that, I feel my head burning and my eyes slowly growing dark. When they open, I'm back in front of the horrible house near a river and forest. But I can see myself, sending lightning bolts onto that disgusting werewolf. Nick takes Phoebe to the car and I follow over for them. It all went so fast.

I see them slowly taking her away from the man in the hut. One of them drapes his hands around her, picking her up and into the car. The other holds so much power in his fingertips, his eyes glowing dark red like a fierce devil. I watch as they take her away. I grin. The car slowly moves away in the rain. I stand there, soaking wet, my eyes not leaving the car. "Oh your highness, the war has only just begun."

I shake my head and open my eyes again, facing Felix and panting hard. "What the hell was that?" I yell, grasping the side of my head with my palm. "It's a memory. From whatever the hell tried to kill me." He replies. "Okay look, I know you may not believe me but you have to trust me. There's something out there. And I don't want to do some truce shit, I'm just here because I fear that this thing will rip both werewolves and vampi-" But he doesn't finish. The scene over my eyes burned into them, printing images into my skin that I never wanted to see. They scarred me.

I watched as Felix leaned back, his bones all cracking and his back arching in a very disturbing angle. It wasn't like seeing him shift into a werewolf, this was like watching him shift into a corpse. His skin turned completely grey, no blood at all. His skin was dirty and rough, the grey aura climbing from his fingertips all the way up to his face. When it did reach there, he screamed in agony and shut his eyes tight. His neck then followed by twisting sideways, breaking a few bones in the process. His lips were blue and his cheekbones started to rip through his skin. It tore through, exposing a sharp bone with rough edges. It was like a sharp knife with teeth, cutting through your face. His hair started to grow grey and fuchsia, bringing an undertone to his blonde locks. His legs were weak but they slowly started to climb upwards, bringing him up to his stand. When his eyes opened, they were dark orbs that ripped out of his eye socket.

"Hello, Chase." His voice was thick and velvety, completely different to the one beforehand. My lips were parted in a mix of shock and fear, my body slowly pacing backwards. "It's rude to leave me hanging." He teases. He looks down at me before scoffing, grinning his lips upwards and crossing his hands over his chest while leaning against the wall. "Well I guess I'll do the talking." He mutters underneath his breath before clearing his throat. "I know who you are, Chase. I know about your powers." His tone changes playfully when he says the last part, teasing me like an adult toying a child with candy. 

"I want them. I want the throne." He then says, shifting his tone back to a threatful one. His voice is low and corrupt, threatening and powerful. "But those things don't come for free, right?" He then says, taking steps forward and leaning his hand against the glass, letting his hand balance himself over it and leaning down to face me. "So I guess I'm just going to have to fight for it. I was going to though, with this thing." He says, motioning to Felix's body. "But the weakling couldn't handle it. My powers were just too strong." He teases.

I swallow hard and grit my teeth, bearing up at him and standing up. "You will never have my throne." I whisper, looking him dead in the eye. His face hardens and he slams his fist against the glass, cracking it ever so slightly. The first layer breaks but it's way too thick for him to get through. His knuckles bleed but there's no sign of pain coming from him. "I will burn this city apart. I will kill every vampire in Mount Verona, just so I can kill you." He threatens in a low voice. "And I'll start with that little Queen of yours. So weak. She isn't worthy of such a high position. Which also makes her a target, doesn't she?" He smirks. 

I can feel the anger tense inside of me, threatening to burst into flames. "You will not touch her." I spit every word out, separately. Felix looks amused. "Well you better come find me before I do." He mutters before stepping back, standing in the centre of his cell. "The war isn't over, Chase Ashgray." And with that, he falls down to the ground, hitting the stone cold floor with a thud. When he does, he returns to his original self, white hair and clear skin.

I don't know what the hell just happened. But I do know one thing.

Felix isn't a monster. There's someone else stronger. And it was right, its power is stronger than most people. Black witches even. But he was wrong about one thing.

Phoebe isn't weak. Phoebe is the most powerful werewolf to ever step foot on planet earth.

And I'm going to hunt it down. And kill it before it hunts her.