Chapter 11

Phoebe POV

"Stop it, Khai." I cry. But he keeps going. His hands travel down my naked body, feeling my every curve and bend of me. The bare blanket separating me from his view slowly tearing apart. "You know, I'm being nice to you by keeping this blanket. Normally I would've ripped it off by now." He whispers in my ear.

"You're sick! Get off of me." He doesn't listen to a single word. He only lunges forward, letting his slimy lips grind along mine. I try to push him off with my hands but he doesn't budge. He simply digs deeper in my mouth, forcing himself inside of me.

"Come on, I know you want me." He grins. I opened my mouth to tell him differently but a loud boom of thunder interrupted me, shaking the entire veranda. I jump in my chair and Khai takes advantage of this, letting his hands slip around me and making me bury my head in his chest. He kisses my hair and whispers, "it's okay, I'll protect you."

I wanted to smack his face right there but something didn't feel right. The atmosphere around me had gone so cold. The air had become heavy and oppressed while the wind picked up its pace, assaulting trees in the distance.

There was another flash of lightning but instead of a white crack appearing in the sky, it was blood red. It was followed by a deafening clap of thunder, turning out all the lights in the house.

A few moments later, the roof of the veranda broke open, tearing it apart as a dark figure stepped down onto the ground. Chase.

His eyes are glowing red and there's this dark aura around him, making him look scarier than ever. His blue hair shines against the light, making his shadow frightening yet breathtaking. There's no smirk on his face like usual. Actually, there's no smile at all. Just dead serious.

Cold and killer.

"What the hell." Khai mutters beside me. He quivers in fear and steps back. Chase's red glowing eyes don't leave him. He hovers forward, the black lightning sparks shooting from his fingers and moving him along the ground. I've never seen someone possess such power. Nick was right.

I grip the blanket over me, drawing it closer as Chase's aura tickles my skin, prickling it with its coldness.

"You're going to pay for that." He growls through gritted teeth. I could say it was heroic but god, it's scary. Nick's car drives through the lake and towards the cabin, stopping just in front of the veranda. He steps out and runs towards me as Chase draws closer to Khai, backing him up into the corner. "Princess! Are you alright?" I hear Nick call. He runs up the stairs and picks me up in one swift motion, carrying me towards the car. I take one look back at Chase and Khai. He'd cornered him and into a pole where Khai slowly pressed his back against, sliding down and pleading for mercy.

"I didn't even touch her!" I hear him yell.Chase doesn't budge.

He brings his hand higher up to his neck and lifts him off the ground, choking him.

He uses his other hand and raises it into the air, sending a red streak of lightning onto the veranda where Khai stands. I can't bear to watch.

I bury my head in Nick's shoulder as he lays me down in the car.

I rest there, my eyelids heavy from the scenes I'd witnessed. The tears brim my eyes and clog my vision as I slowly shut them, letting my lashes flutter against the wetness of my tears.

Chase comes into the car beside me before Nick drives off. His eyes had returned to a bluer color and he seemed less scary than before. I lay beside him, buried into him where I know I'll be safe.

I cry harder, letting my eyes fall. He holds on to me like he'd never let go, rubbing my back and kissing my forehead and hair, continuously whispering, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry."

I see them slowly taking her away from the man in the hut. One of them drapes his hands around her, picking her up and into the car. The other holds so much power in his fingertips, his eyes glowing dark red like a fierce devil. I watch as they take her away.

I grin. The car slowly moves away in the rain. I stand there, soaking wet, my eyes not leaving the car. "Oh your highness, the war has only just begun."

════ *.·:·. ☽ ✧ ✦ ✧ ☾ .·:·.* ════

In the early hours of morning and lack of sleep, I woke up and found myself laying in bed, sandwiched between a pair of black silk sheets in a cabin like room that I'd been in before. With the remaining strength my body had, I pushed myself up into a sitting position on the bed. My memories of what happened before I fell asleep were hazy. I remember Khai. The way he'd treated me. Then I remembered Chase. How he'd killed Khai. Did he kill Khai? Oh god. Chase killed someone.

I pushed the black sheets off of myself, intending to get up and find Chase. Or Nick. Or anyone. But to my display, I found that I was laying in bed completely naked and shivering, my body full of scratches and cuts. I went rigid in fear. I moved my fingers and felt the warmth of a body laying next to me. My saviour. His arm curled around my waist with a tight grip, laying his hand across my stomach, holding me close to his body. I could feel the gentle rise and fall of his chest against my spine as he slept quietly.

I moved slightly and heard Chase sigh in my ear, "I've been waiting for you to wake up."

I'm startled as I thought he was asleep. His soft and husky voice sent shivers down my entire body, so different from the figure I saw last night. "You were awake?" I ask him. "I didn't want to wake you." He replies. I roll over in his arms to face him. He greets me with a sleepy yet mischievous grin. It was strange seeing him like this after last night's events.

"What are you thinking about, my love?" He asks in a small voice. "I'm thinking about how cute your bed hair looks in the morning." I reply. He scoffed and suddenly flipped me underneath him, trapping me while he pinned my arms above my head. "I am the Prince of Midnight. Not the Prince of cuteness." He says, laughing along to his somewhat threat.

I began to laugh and Chase quickly stifled my giggle with a long drawn kiss. I twisted underneath him on his dark satin bed sheets, enjoying every moment with him after our first kiss. He pulls back and grins at me as I slowly get my breath back. "I'd love to do more but I must discuss some things with you." He tells me, getting out of the bed and standing up. "Get dressed and meet me downstairs. We'll go somewhere more private."

"Is there something wrong?" I ask, picking up the sheets and draping them around me.

He turns around and smiles weakly, then walks forward and wraps his arms around me. He lays his head on my shoulder and draws a long sigh. I can see his eyes shut close from his reflection in the mirror. "My love, there are a lot of things wrong right now."

════ *.·:·. ☽ ✧ ✦ ✧ ☾ .·:·.* ════

When I step out of the room, Nick stands there, leaning against the wall opposite of my door. His eyes are fixated on the coin he tosses in his hand. One leg is folded, foot flat against the wall.

That's gonna leave a mark. "You take so long, Jesus." He says, noticing my presence."Nice to see you too." I roll my eyes. He laughs and starts walking out of the corridor. As I leave the room, I look at the wall his foot was once on. Mhm. Definitely left a mark.

Chase is leaning against the car door, staring down at his phone. His hair has this dark undertone to it that I never noticed. Like a glossy shine to it. It reflects off his black shirt and jeans his wearing. Someone so casual. Yet a king.

He looks up and meets my gaze, his grin growing. That's what I loved about Chase. Whenever I step into the picture, he just has this automatic reflex that whenever he sees me, he just starts grinning like an idiot. And I love it.