Prologue

The Alpha's wife had birthed a beautiful young daughter, Phoebe. She could blind men with her beauty and befriend any female she walked by. But despite her beauty and caring personality, her family neglected her.

She didn't possess the same abilities as her brother and parents, they were lycans while she was an ordinary werewolf, strong yet weaker than the rest. Her parents disregarded her and focused on her older brother, Felix. They did not care for her like a daughter but an embarrassment. Phoebe has always remembered it to be like this, though what she didn't know was that once they were a loving family. Her mother would hold her close in the night, whispering songs in her ear as she slept beside her brother, while her father admired from the door, watching his beautiful family while it would last. Both of them knew the dangers that were ahead of their innocent daughter, so covering her in neglect and hiding her from the outside world was the only way to truly keep her safe.

Phoebe had forgotten those days where her mother would caress her hair or sing her lullabies. Something deeper was hidden beneath the facade of hatred, something neither Phoebe or anyone would ever know.

Although her parents may not have cared for her, Felix had always loved her for who she was. Late at night, he would sneak food from the pack and bring it down to her so she could eat. He'd brought her up like his own.

But his love for her slowly faded after their tragic accident.

Her parents were taking her out when something terrible had happened. A vampire clan had broken the borders and entered the werewolf territory. They attacked the werewolves near the border where the Alpha and his daughter were standing.

"Phoebe run! Get Felix, don't look back!" Her father had told her. Phoebe's feet were fixated on the ground, her hands holding onto the stuffed animal Felix had made for her. She watched as her father leaped into action, fighting off the vampires. He attacked a vampire from behind, climbing onto his back and dragging him down but the vampire twisted around, landing on top of him and planting his fangs into her father's neck, ripping out the blood vessels that were contained inside of him. His face turned to her but it wasn't filled with hurt or the pain of dying. He simply hardened it, turning it cold and shouted, "Run!"

His voice bellowed throughout the entire atmosphere and Phoebe stepped back in fear. She dropped the bear in her hands and ran as fast as she could.

She ran through the forests and the thick trees towards the pack house where she knew Felix would be. She came closer and could see her brother Felix sitting down in front of the pack house, sharpening his knives. She yelled out his name and told him that the vampires were attacking them. His face went hard and serious. He called a few other strong werewolves with him and they ran towards the end of the border.

Phoebe sat down on Felix's chair outside the pack house and cried. She was scared about what would happen to her parents and was frustrated that she couldn't help. She lifted her head to see two legs standing in front of her. She looked up to see Felix. But no mom or dad.

She opened her mouth to ask him what happened but she saw the anger in his eyes and the clench of his jaw. His icy blonde hair swayed in the wind as his eyes stared down at my mother's necklace in his hand, no longer white and silvery but dark crimson. Blood.

"I was too late." he says, hard and angry. "Everyone was dead." His face held no emotion when he spoke. Just cold and empty. He threw the necklace onto my lap and walked into the pack house, telling them that the Alpha was dead.

She held the necklace in her hands, the blood staining her fingertips and palm. "It's my fault." She choked out. "If I wasn't so weak, I could've saved them." She was angry with herself. Frustrated.

Ever since that day, her brother took over the werewolves and became alpha. Felix's mate had died with her parents that day too, only putting more impact to his cold stone heart. He took the position of Alpha and the werewolves bowed down to him, his face still hard and cold since the death of their parents.

Phoebe hadn't just lost her parents that day, but her loving brother. The caring and beautiful persona he had in him had disappeared and she no longer knew who he was.

8 years had passed and Felix was still Alpha. The werewolves despised the vampires and never crossed paths after that particular incident. The hatred inside Felix's heart stayed cold and he compressed it inside of him. As for Phoebe, she still stayed in the pack house, an entire side of the palace just for her. Felix gave her the freedom their parents never gave her because after all, he still loved her.

Phoebe loved her brother dearly and couldn't bear to see him so cold and empty-hearted. She wanted to help him. But little did they know, Phoebe's mate was still out there. He was somewhere, waiting for her too. But there's one thing stopping them from meeting.

The borders.